Counseling, Health & Wellness Mission Statement
Suffolk University’s Center for Counseling, Health & Wellness appreciates that health is multi-faceted and requires a holistic approach.
As such, our mission is to provide integrated, culturally sensitive services that support the academic success and personal development of our students as well as the overall health of the Suffolk University community.
Through counseling, medical services, consultation, educational outreach, mind-body practices and referral, our goal is to promote student well-being and resiliency while empowering students to develop self-advocacy and healthy decision-making.
Monday – Thursday: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Make an Appointment
To make an appointment with a counselor, please call 617-573-8226 or stop by the CHW front desk at 73 Tremont Street, 5th floor.
Crisis Counselor available Monday – Friday: 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
To speak with a counselor after hours or on the weekend, call 617-573-8226 and follow the prompts.
The health and well-being of our students remain our top priority. There are resources available for students to learn about a variety of health topics, including substance abuse, nutrition, mental health, stress, sleep, and more.
- For mental health emergencies during business hours: Call 617-573-8226 or come directly to CHW Counseling.
- Crisis/Emergency Counseling Service at CHW: Crisis Counselor Available Mon – Fri , 11am-4pm. It is best to call ahead at (617) 573-8226, if possible. A student can always call or come to CHW Counseling for emergency concerns.
- For mental health emergencies after hours or on weekends: Call CHW Counseling at 617-573-8226 and press 0 to be connected with a counselor.
In the event of an immediate, life-threatening mental health emergency on campus, call the University Police at 617-573-8111. Off campus, call 911 or go to the nearest hospital emergency room.
About CHW Counseling
CHW Counseling's primary goal is to provide timely and comprehensive short-term counseling services to Suffolk University undergraduate, graduate, and law students.
CHW Counseling is committed to using its full resources in helping to expand the positive and productive learning environment at Suffolk University for students, faculty, and administrators alike.
CHW Counseling is staffed by an interdisciplinary mental health team consisting of licensed psychologists, psychology doctoral interns, a psychiatric nurse practitioner, and licensed social workers. Entry level staff members hired in CHW are required to become licensed. Accredited since 1975 by the International Association of Counseling Services (IACS) and with an American Psychological Association-approved (APA) doctoral internship program that was originally accredited in 1995, CHW Counseling Services continues to play a very active and important role in the life of the University. Staff provides a wide spectrum of services including individual and group counseling, outreach and consultation, training and supervision.
- Jean M. Joyce-Brady, Ph.D., Director, Counseling, Health, & Wellness
- Stephanie J.Kendall, Ph.D., Associate Director/Clinical Training Director
- Teresa L. Blevins, Ph.D., Staff Psychologist/Practicum Training Coordinator
- Mark Furtado, Psy.D., MSW, Staff Psychologist
- Natasha Torkelson, Ph.D., Staff Psychologist/Multicultural Training
- Lizette Santana, Psy.D., Staff Psychologist
- Daphne Nayar, LICSW, Staff Clinician
- Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (currently vacant)
- Jessica Robaire, LICSW, Case Manager
- Ellen O’Neil, M.A., Doctoral Intern
- Brianna Wadler, Sc.M., Doctoral Intern
- Ji Yu, M.S., M.A., Doctoral Intern
- Cassie Dennis, Practicum Student
- Marit Murry, Practicum Student
- Sarah Wieman, Practicum Student
Office Administrative Coordinators
- Julia Albo
- Lucia Ciccarello
- Jo-Ann Mastro
The Suffolk University Counseling Center has been accredited by the International Association of Counseling Services (IACS) since 1975. It has been a member of the Association of Psychology Postdoctoral and Internship Centers (APPIC) since 1981.