Resident Assistant Application Process
The primary goal of a Suffolk RA is to support, create, and maintain a thriving community in the residence halls. RAs work as part of a team and serve as role models for other students. Some of their key responsibilities are:
- Community Development
- Peer Advising
- Planning/Executing Educational Programming
- Safety/ Policy Confrontation
Please note that the 2018-19 dates included in the RA Position Description are tentative subject to change.
Applications are currently available via SU Connect on the Residence Life & Housing organization page under "Forms", and are due on Monday, January 29th by 5:00 p.m. Only electronic submissions via SU Connect will be accepted.
RA Application Requirements
- Completion of essay questions
- Submission of an up-to-date cover letter and resume
- Submission of two RA Recommendation Forms. At least one form must be from a Suffolk faculty member or administrator.
- Attendance at one information session*. Please see below for a complete list of info session dates, times and locations.
*Info Session Dates and Locations
|Thursday, November 16, 2017||12:15pm||Beacon 101|
|Sunday, December 3, 2017||7:00pm||Miller Hall Function Room|
|Friday, December 8, 2017||9:00am||150 Tremont Auditorium|
|Tuesday, January 16, 2018||3:00pm||Somerset 316|
|Thursday, January 18, 2018||12:30pm||Center for Student Diversity and Inclusion, Sawyer 8th Floor|
|Monday, January 22, 2018||7:00pm||10 West Mezzanine- 2nd Floor|
|Tuesday, January 23, 2018||12:30pm||Miller Hall Lobby|
|Thursday, January 25, 2018||12:30pm||Miller Hall Lobby|
|Friday, January 26, 2018||12:00pm||Miller Hall Lobby|
Questions? Please contact Residence Life at 617-305-2500 x 0 or email us at email@example.com.