They are actively involved in assisting new undergrad students with their transition to college, whether it’s from high school, the workforce, military, or another higher education institution. Orientation Leaders also work closely with family members of new students and support new student programs during the beginning of the fall and spring semesters.
OLs are trained year-round in institutional information, group dynamics, leadership fundamentals, and student development. They receive financial compensation for work performed (during orientations conducted throughout the year) as well as room and board in an on-campus residence hall during summer orientation.
Attending an information session is a great way to meet the Team Leaders and learn more about the position. Attending an info session is also required to be considered to be an orientation leader
Minimum Applicant Requirements
Enrolled as a full-time Suffolk University undergraduate student, and does not plan to graduate before December 2023.
Grade Point Average
A cumulative Suffolk grade point average of 2.5 or higher at the time of selection and throughout your tenure in the position.
Position Terms & Conditions For All Applicants
- Be in good academic and judicial standing with Suffolk University at the time of selection and throughout tenure in the position.
- Be available for all important dates, including participation in spring training workshops, orientation team retreat, summer training, and work all applicable orientation sessions/new student programs while serving on a diverse student leadership team.
- Understand, believe in and remain committed to the mission and goals of Orientation, New Student & Family Programs at Suffolk University.
- Remain flexible and engaged in assignments while demonstrating open and ongoing communication with staff and co-workers.
- Relate to and interact well with current and new students, family members, faculty, and staff at Suffolk.
- Adhere to all staff policies and training guidelines and positively support other leaders in the performance of their job duties and leadership development.