Suffolk University Retired Friends (SURF)
Initial activities have included developing a Statement of Purpose, publishing a directory of retirees, holding a President’s reception in May and a Founder’s Day lunch in September, and allowing retirees to get a Suffolk University e-mail address (those with emeritus/emerita status kept their e-mail addresses after retirement).
- Wine Tasting – March 11, 3:30 – 5:30
- President’s Reception/State of the University – April 28, 4:30 – 6:30
- Founder’s Day Luncheon – September 17, noon – 2:00
Retirees are also invited to campus events such as Family/Alumni Weekend, Ford Hall Forum, Faculty & Staff Recognition and the Heritage Ceremony.
The Directory lists all retirees who have agreed to share their contact information. In addition to addresses and telephone numbers it includes department/office and years of employment. It also lists the names of retirees who have not yet agreed to share their contact information as well as retirees who have passed away. For the purposes of the Directory, a retiree is someone who worked at Suffolk for at least 5 years and left employment after age 62.
Suffolk University e-Mail Address and ID
If you are a retiree who does not have an e-mail address and would like one, to make a request or, if you would like a Retiree ID, please contact Human Resources.
Statement of Purpose
Suffolk University Retired Friends (SURF) is created to encourage and sustain ongoing interest in, and engagement with, the University and each other.
The following are its principal purposes:
- To provide a link between retired employees, the University and the greater University community
- To make appropriate University resources available to retired employees so they can continue to be engaged in the life of the Suffolk community
- To provide the opportunity for social interaction among retired employees and to provide access to campus events
- To encourage and provide opportunities for retired employees to donate their time and resources to appropriate University activities
- To support and represent the University to the larger external community
SURF Committee Members
(as of February, 2020)
John Berg, Government
John Deliso, Law School Dean’s Office
Anthony Eonas, Business Law
Bob DiGuardia, ITS and ISOM
Nancy Fine, Undergraduate Admissions
Ken Garni, Counseling Center
Myra Lerman. SBS Dean’s Office
Fred Marchant, English
Morris McInnes, SBS Dean’s Office and Accounting
Tony Merzlak, English
Jim Nelson, Athletics
Chris Perry, Financial Aid
Richard Torrisi, SBS Dean’s Office
Katherine Whidden, Human Resources
Nancy Stoll, Student Affairs, Co-Convenor
Lisa Vigliotta, Co-Convenor