Zoom is a video/web conferencing and online classroom tool available to all Suffolk students, faculty and staff. Zoom can be used for online classrooms, virtual meetings and group projects and allows users to make video calls, instant message colleagues, and share files.
Go to suffolk.zoom.us and sign in to Zoom using your Suffolk University username and password.
- Make audio & video calls
- Record meetings and save them locally or in the cloud
- Screen share with meeting participants for easy demonstrations and collaborations
- Chat function built-in to meetings
- Simple user interface
- Create breakout sessions to facilitate sessions with smaller groups during the meeting
- The option to connect with voice only by dialing in with a phone
- A computer, tablet, desktop, or phone to connect with
- An internet connection: broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers and a microphone: built into your device, USB plug-in, or wireless Bluetooth
- A webcam or HD webcam: built into your device or USB plug-in
- Download and install the Zoom Cloud Meeting Application
If you are a Suffolk employee and require a webcam or microphone headset to use with Zoom, please contact the Service Desk.
Alternate Zoom Information for China
If you are having difficulty using Zoom in China, please use the options below:
Alternate URL to download Zoom desktop client
Zoom has worked with one of their partners to provide a different client download for users in China. Using this client, Zoom meeting participants can join meetings as expected (via Blackboard for students).
Alternate URL to access Zoom web client
Zoom also has an alternative Zoom Web Client you can access here. No download is necessary, but users will need to enter the Meeting ID and password in addition to their name.