International Travel

Suffolk University supports and encourages international travel experiences for students, faculty and staff.

If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, contact the local emergency services in your location. Local emergency service contact information can be found in the Crisis24 Horizon mobile app. For non-life-threatening travel, medical or security needs contact Crisis24 at +1 857-343-8107 or at [email protected].

Suffolk partners with Crisis24, AXA and Cultural Insurance Services International to provide anyone on University-related travel with access to immediate support should they experience challenges while traveling outside the United States.

Crisis24 serves as our traveler’s first point of contact for medical, security, and evacuation services. This global travel assistance program includes an international travel accident and sickness insurance policy. Please explore the resources on this page to find important coverage and contact information. To make full use of this program, please follow the instructions to download the Crisis24 Horizon mobile app [PDF].

Entering Your Trip Information

The Crisis24 travel platform contains critical traveler information, issues travel alerts to registered travelers and provides travelers with important emergency services contact information. In order to access all of the services and benefits of our global travel assistance program and to allow the University to respond appropriately during an emergency abroad, travelers must register their travel with Crisis24.


If you will be traveling abroad/away on a University-sponsored program (study abroad, global travel seminar, alternative winter break, etc.), confirm with the coordinating department (e.g., Center for International Education and Study Away) that your travel itinerary will be uploaded to the Crisis24 platform on your behalf.

If you plan to engage in independent or personal travel abroad immediately before, during, and/or immediately after your University-sponsored program, the University highly recommends that you report these plans directly to Crisis 24 by following the instructions found in the Crisis24 Manual Trip Entry Guide [PDF].

Faculty and Staff

Faculty and staff traveling abroad on University business are required to register their international travel with Crisis24. Follow the instructions found in the Crisis24 Manual Trip Entry Guide [PDF] to register your travel.

If you are planning an international program or travel with students, please contact the Center for International Education and Study Away or the Office of Risk Management for assistance in planning and pre-departure orientation.

Please contact the Office of Risk Management with any additional questions.