Employee Use of Vehicles & Driver Authorization Process
Suffolk University’s automobile policy provides coverage for owned, leased, or rented vehicles for University employees and students while they're driving on University business.
Before leasing or renting a vehicle, you'll need to submit a Driver’s Record Authorization Form [PDF] to Risk Management. Once the Suffolk University Police have run a motor vehicle record (MVR) check, they'll let the department director know if you've been cleared to drive for the University.
Here's how we'll determine your rating:
|Number of Accidents (last three years)|
|Number of Violations
(last three years)
Any major violation in the last three years is automatically a “poor” MVR.
The following are considered major violations:
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Driving while impaired
- Reckless driving
- Careless driving or racing/speed contest
- Failure to report an accident
- Making a false accident report
- Vehicular homicide or manslaughter
- Attempting to elude a police officer
- Driving with a suspended or revoked license