Third Annual Intellectual Property & Innovation Conference
Date & Time:
- October 1, 2021
- 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Suffolk University Law School, 120 Tremont Street
- Get Directions
Suffolk University Law School’s Third Annual Intellectual Property & Innovation Conference will bring together a true cross section of the intellectual property community, including IP scholars, law firm practitioners, in-house counsel, and policy makers. Focused on IP and innovation, this event will explore what drives innovation and how the law impacts discoveries, creativity, and inventions from diverse perspectives in a variety of sectors.
Our lunchtime keynote speaker will be Margo A. Bagley, the Asa Griggs Candler Professor of Law at Emory Law School, who will discuss her current work in the area of digital sequence information (DSI) on genetic resources during her talk "'Just' Sharing: the Virtues of Digital Sequence Information Benefit-Sharing for the Common Good".
Our afternoon keynote address will be given by Colleen V. Chien, Professor of Law at Santa Clara University School of Law, and she will discuss her work on inequality and the patent system. At Santa Clara, she leads multi-disciplinary teams in conducting empirical research on patents, intellectual property, and the criminal justice system. Professor Chien is also currently a part-time senior counselor in the Office of General Counsel of the U.S. Department of Commerce.
Current confirmed Speakers and panelists include:
- Kendalle Burlin O’Connell, JD’06, President & COO, MassBio
- Michelle Brownlee, Trademark Counsel, Bose Corporation
- Heidi Erlacher, JD’03, Partner in Charge, Boston Office, Cooley LLP
- Matthew R. Van Eman, JD’08, Partner, McCarter & English, LLP
- Michael N. Rader, Shareholder, Wolf, Greenfield & Sacks, P.C.
- Emma Frank, Associate, Wolf, Greenfield & Sacks, P.C.
- Alexandra K. Kim, Associate, Wolf, Greenfield & Sacks, P.C.
Conference attendance is free for students, academics, government lawyers, and lawyers at nonprofits. Individual discounts are available for Suffolk alumni and in-house counsel, and group discounts for law firms practitioners.
Please check back periodically for more details about this event, including additional confirmed.
We gratefully acknowledge the generosity of Meg and Mark Sullivan, JD’79.
Thank you to our Platinum Level Sponsors:
McCarter & English, LLP