Elizabeth Robinson, EdD
Assistant Professor, EducationSend a Message
Director, Education Studies
- EdD, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- MA, University of Massachusetts, Boston
- BA, Lehigh University
- English as a Second Language
- Teacher Education
- Urban Education
- Teachers’ engagement with research
- Adjunct Professor, Fall 2007 and Spring 2008 at University of New Hampshire, Manchester
- Supervisor of Reading Specialist and ELA Certification, 2007-2008, Springfield, MA
- Project and Research Assistant for ACCELA Alliance, 2004-2008, UMass, Amherst
- University Preparation ESL Teacher, 2002-2004, UMass Boston
- Bilingual Reading Teacher, 2000-2002, Brockton Public Schools, MA.
- Paugh & Robinson (in press) Participatory research as self-study. In C. Lassonde, S. Galman & C. Kosnik (Eds.) Self-Study Research Methodologies for Teacher Educators, Rotterdam, The Netherlands: Sense Publishers.
- The 40th Annual Meeting of the New England Educational Research Organization in Hyannis, MA April 2008 Presentation title: What’s the use of a reflection tool? Resistance, dialogue, and reinvention of reflection in an inquiry based master’s program
- National Council of Teachers of English Assembly for Research Conference, at Indiana University, IN Feb. 2008 Presentation title: Reflection in an inquiry based master’s program
- 5th Annual Teachers as Researchers Conference at UNH Manchester, NH May, 2007 Presentation title: Cultural Identity: Focus on what ELL Students Do Know”
- The 39th Annual Meeting of the New England Educational Research Organization in Portsmouth, NH, April, 2007. Presentation title: “A Critical Analysis of Local Teachers ‘Strategic Alignment’ to High-Stakes Mandates and Scripted Lesson Plans in an Urban School District”
- The Annual AAAL Conference in Costa Mesa, CA, April, 2007. Presentation title: “Strategic Alignment, Scripted Curricula, and Content Based Instruction for ELLs”
- The Annual AERA Conference in Chicago, Il, April, 2007. Presentation title: “Teaching for New Times: Challenges and Tensions in Teacher Education and Teacher Research”
- The 6th International Self-Study of Teacher Education Practices Conference in Herstmonceux, UK, Aug. 2006. Presentation title: Reconceptualizing Teacher Education in New Times: What did we learn from our course texts in a high-stakes setting?