Marjorie Salvodon, PhD
Associate Dean, Experiential Learning, Global Education & Public Impact, College of Arts and Sciences; Professor, History, Language & Global CultureSend a Message
- PhD, Brown University
- MA, Brown University
- BA, Mount Holyoke College
- Contemporary Francophone Novel (from the Caribbean, France, Sub-Saharan Africa, Maghreb, and Vietnam)
- Creative Writing
- The Infamous Rosalie by Evelyne Trouillot. Translated by M.A. Salvodon. Lincoln and London: University of Nebraska Press, 2013.
- Fictions of Childhood: The Roots of Identity in Contemporary French Narratives. Lanham, MD: Lexington Books, 2008.
- Zoom In, Zoom Out: Crossing Borders in Contemporary European Cinema. Co-edited with Sandra Barriales-Bouche. Newcastle, UK: Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2007.
- Tomboy. Nina Bouraoui. Translated by Marjorie Attignol Salvodon and Jehanne-Marie Gavarini. Lincoln: University of Nebraska Press, 2007.
- “Les frontières du corps identitaire: Garçon manqué de Nina Bouraoui.” Celaan Review (2005):136-144.
- “Negotiating Cultural Identity and Geographical Space in Passages.” Migrating Words and Worlds, ed. E. Anthony Hurley. New Jersey: Africa World Press, 1999. 87-98.
- “In Between Borders: Writing Exile in Ton beau capitaine.” Purdue Romance Language Annual VIII (1997): 130-133.
- “Black France: Colonialism, Immigration and Transnationalism by Dominic Thomas.” The French Review 81.4 (March 2008): 769-770.
- “Betrayal, Belonging, and Unbelonging in The Pagoda.” Wasafiri 34 (Autumn 2001): 72-73.
- “Conflicting Origins: Memory in the Invention of Guadeloupean Genealogy – Désirada by Maryse Condé.” Callaloo 22 (1999): 249-252.