Michael Siegel, PhD
Associate Professor, PhilosophySend a Message
Acting Program Director, Administration of Higher Education Program
Acting Program Director, Disability Services in Higher Education Certificate Program
- PhD, Indiana University
- MS, Georgia State University
- BA, Wake Forest University
- Assistant professor in the higher education administration program at Suffolk University.
- Research fellow and coordinator of affiliate institutions at the Policy Center on the First Year of College.
- Project manager for the College Student Experiences Questionnaire (CSEQ) Research and Distribution Program at Indiana University.
- Assistant to the executive vice president and instructor of sociology at Reinhardt College associate consultant with Noel-Levitz, a national retention and enrollment management consulting firm.
- Barefoot, B. O., Gardner, J. N., Cutright, M., Morris, L. V., Schroeder, C. C., Schwartz, S., Siegel, M. J., & Swing, R. L. (2005). Achieving and sustaining institutional excellence for the first year of college. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Tonkin, H., Deeley, S. J., Pusch, M., Quiroga, D., Siegel, M. J., & Whiteley, J., & Bringle, R. G. (2004). Service-learning across cultures: Promise and achievement. New York: International Partnership for Service Learning and Leadership.
- Siegel, M. J. (2003). Primer on assessment of the first college year. Brevard, NC: Policy Center on the First Year of College.
- Siegel, M. J., & Schwartz, S. (2005). The first year of college at Eckerd College: “Responsible innovation.” In B. O. Barefoot, J. N. Gardner M. Cutright, L. V. Morris, C. C. Schroeder, S. Schwartz, M. J. Siegel, & R. L. Swing, Achieving and sustaining institutional excellence for the first year of college. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Siegel, M. J. (Guest Ed.). (2004). First year student experiences [Special issue]. Metropolitan Universities Journal, 15(2).
- Siegel, M. J. (2004). The college student experiences questionnaire: Assessing quality of effort and student gains. In R. L. Swing (Ed.), Proving and improving: Strategies for assessing the first college year (Volume 2). Columbia, SC: University of South Carolina, National Resource Center for The First-Year Experience and Students in Transition.
- Siegel, M. J. (2003). Assessment strategies and results. In T. L. Skipper and R. Argo (Eds.), Involvement in campus activities and the retention of first-year students. Columbia, SC: University of South Carolina, National Resource Center for The First-Year Experience and Students in Transition.
- Gardner, J. N., Siegel, M. J., & Cutright, M. (2001, Fall). Focusing on the first-year student. AGB Priorities, No. 17.
- Kuh, G. D., & Siegel. M. J. (2000). College Student Experiences Questionnaire: Tentative norms for the fourth edition. Indiana University, Center for Postsecondary Research and Planning: Bloomington, IN.
- Siegel, M. J. (2001). [Review of the book Management fads in higher education: Where they come from, what they do, why they fail]. Case International Journal of Educational Advancement, 2, 189-191.