The Global Gateway Program
The Suffolk University Madrid Campus provides an opportunity for students to immerse themselves in Spanish history and culture. Our Global Gateway Program gives a globally focused cohort of students the opportunity to experience Spain at a fraction of the cost.
Pending travel and health guidelines, this year's trip will occur on May 14th - 21st, 2021.
Any first-year student is welcome to apply for the Global Gateway Program. The program is open to students of all majors within both the College of Arts & Sciences and the Sawyer Business School.
Students will complete an online application where they can express why they are a good match for this program. The application deadline is November 20th, 2020. Following the submission of their application, eligible students will be invited to an in-person interview. Students will be notified of their acceptance into the program by the end of February 2021.
There will be a series of mandatory group meetings before and after the trip dates to inform students of expectations, introduce students to Spanish culture, and outline project goals for group presentations after the trip.
For more information, please contact us here.
- Application deadline: November 20th, 2020
- Interviews take place in mid-December and January
- Students will be notified by the end of February
- Confirm acceptance by Spring Break
- Apply for passport in late February (if applicable)
- 3-4 meetings in March-May leading up to the trip
- Payment due by end of March
- Travel Friday, May 14th, 2021 – Friday, May 21st, 2021
- Two meetings upon return, including presentation open to the Suffolk community
Virtual Information Sessions
- Wednesday, November 4th, 9:00-9:30 a.m.
- Thursday, November 5th, 1:15-1:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 11th, 9:00-9:30 a.m.
- Thursday, November 12th, 1:15-1:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 17th, 1:15-1:45 p.m.