Graduate Certificate in Risk Management in Finance
The Graduate Certificate in Risk Management in Finance prepares you to assess and manage various types of financial risks in the global economy. Coursework covers tools for identifying, measuring, evaluating, and managing risks, with practical emphasis on the perspective of corporate financial managers and the use of modern financial technology in the creation of value for shareholders. Electives allow you to further examine fixed-income securities, enterprise risk management, or data analytics and credit risk.
The program is designed for students who have completed prior undergraduate or graduate coursework in finance. If you do not meet the prerequisite, you should begin with our Finance certificate.
This certificate program is designed to be completed part-time in two semesters on campus. If you apply to the MS in Finance (MSF) degree program or another graduate business degree program, you may be able to apply the courses in this certificate program to reduce the time it will take to complete your master’s degree.
Courses are taught by leading finance faculty at the Sawyer Business School, which is ranked among the best in the world.
Applying to the Graduate Certificate in Risk Management
- Fall Semester: July 15 (International Applicants), August 15 (Domestic Applicants), then rolling
- Spring Semester: December 1 (International Applicants), January 4 (Domestic Applicants), then rolling
- Summer Semester: April 1 (priority), then rolling
Learn about the advantages of priority applications.
- Completed application
- $50 Application Fee (waived for students who visit campus)
- Unofficial transcripts of all post-secondary work. Admitted students enrolling in the program will need to have official transcripts, including proof of degree conferral, on file prior to their first class
- Goal Statement (essay)
- Letter of Recommendation (learn more)
- Official GMAT or GRE scores (Note: Testing requirements vary by program, and some students may qualify for a waiver. Learn more.)
- Official TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE-Academic Scores (international students only)
Note: Students must have passed a university-level statistics course in the past five years or have equivalent industry experience.
Graduate Certificate in Risk Management (2022-2023)
Per credit: $1,638
Financial Aid for Graduate Study
Suffolk University is pleased to offer both merit- and need-based financial aid to graduate students—these awards can be up to $23,000 per academic year. Merit-based aid is awarded based on the applicant's academic credentials presented on the admission application. No separate application is required for merit consideration.