How to enroll
Enrollment in the Intellectual Property Law Concentration is accomplished by filing a Notice of Enrollment form.
Concentration enrollment may occur as soon as a student completes the first year in law school in good standing.
The latest date students may enroll in a Concentration is October 1st for students graduating in January, and Feb. 1 for students graduating in May.
Formal enrollment in the Intellectual Property Law Concentration is not complete until the Notice of Enrollment form is filed. Once enrolled in the Concentration, students will be invited to participate in a variety of programs and special events of interest to intellectual property law practitioners.
Qualified students may pursue a specialized Patent Law Specialization certificate within the Intellectual Property Law Concentration.
Continued enrollment in the Intellectual Property Law Concentration is contingent upon the student:
- Completing the three (3) required core courses;
- Completing a Concentration skills course;
- Completing at least one (1) Concentration elective course
- Completing such other Concentration skills and elective credits so that it is possible to complete the required eighteen (18) credits in approved Intellectual Property Law Concentration courses by the time the student graduates;
- Periodically reviewing the student's progress in attaining the requisite grade point averages with one of the Concentration Faculty Director(s) and/or the Asistant Dean for Academic Services; and
- Obtaining the Concentration Faculty Directors' approval of the student's plan for completing the Concentration's writing requirement.
Upon completion of the required courses, skills course, elective courses, the writing requirement and total credit hours required by the Intellectual Property Law Concentration, students must complete and file a Notice of Concentration Completion form with the Office of Academic Services.
The latest date students may file Concentration Completion forms is November 1 for January graduates, and March 1 for May graduates.