Meal Plan Accommodations Form
At Suffolk University, we are committed to the full participation of students with disabilities in all aspects of college life, including dining experiences. All students living on campus are required to purchase a meal plan.
Occasionally, students have special dietary needs and require an accommodation to the meal plan in the form of a particular diet. Many times, these needs can be met by Chartwells, Suffolk's dining service provider. Meal plan accommodations are rare. They are made solely for documented health conditions that require special medically necessitated diets that cannot be accommodated by Chartwells.
To request specific meal plan accommodations, follow each of the steps outlined below. Meal plan accommodation requests are considered only through the third Friday of every semester.
Procedures for Requesting a Meal Plan Accommodation
- Make an intake appointment with the Office of Disability Services. Students can do this by calling: 617-573-8034.
- Fill out the Student Meal Plan Accommodation Form below
- Referral to meet with a Suffolk University Dining Chef and Dining Manager.
- Placement in a residence hall with access to a semi-private kitchen.
- Reduction of the cost of the meal plan.
- Elimination of the required meal plan.
The Office of Disability Services will let the student, the Office of Residence Life and Housing, and Chartwells know of our decision as necessary.
Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*)