Master of Arts in Graphic Design (MAGD)
Our practice-oriented program can be adapted to match your unique talents and interests. Build your design portfolio, develop your professional skills and refine your ability to develop concepts and implement visual language in print and digital media with a Master’s in Graphic Design from Suffolk.
Why Study Graphic Design at Suffolk?
In our program, your studies will culminate in a thesis project that enables you to pursue a path of advanced study in a topic that interests you. Because of this individualized approach, you’ll work closely with the graduate program director, the design faculty, and thesis advisors to develop a comprehensive body of work focused on making a change in what we know and what we do in today's world.
Suffolk provides you with:
- Unparalleled one-on-one instruction with instructors throughout your studies
- Support for your individual voice and desired path—we want you to explore your goals through your vision, as we are not a cookie-cutter portfolio factory
- A practice-based program that believes in the value of independent exploration, iteration, and individuality
- Renowned faculty who are active in their respective fields of expertise
Suffolk University is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD), and this master's program is specially designed to meet the challenges of our constantly evolving field. By the time you graduate, you'll possess the creative, intellectual, and sophisticated technical skills you'll need for professional success.
MAGD Program Overview
Fall Semester: March 15 (priority), then rolling
Spring Semester: October 15 (priority), then rolling
Summer Semester: April 1 (priority), then rolling
Learn about the advantages of priority applications.
- Completed online application
- $50 application fee (waived for students who visit campus)
- Goal statement (essay)
- Two letters of recommendation (Learn more)
- All official transcripts from any college or university attended
- Portfolio (20-25 pieces of recent original artwork) submitted via the online application
- Official TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE-Academic scores (international students only)
Cost of Graduate Study at Suffolk
Full-time, per year
|Cost Per Credit (2019-2020)||$1,274|
***Suffolk University is pleased to offer both merit- and need-based financial aid to graduate students—these awards can be up to $15,500 per academic year. Merit-based aid is awarded based on the applicant's academic credentials presented on the admission application. No separate application is required for merit consideration.
"The critical thinking skills Suffolk taught me were invaluable in landing my current job at MIT, and I continue to use them on a daily basis."
Courses & Requirements
Learn more about the classes, requirements, and different options available to complete the program.