Student Account Services provides the flexibility for students to pay their tuition balance in many different ways.
- Electronic check payments in US dollars from your checking or savings account are accepted online via SU pay
- Do not use your ATM card number as your checking or savings account number
- Do not use credit card advance checks that you receive in the mail
- Checks could be personal check, money order or 529 plan checks and should be in US dollars
- If you choose to send a check using regular mail, please send it to:
Student Account Services
8 Ashburton Place
Boston, MA 02108
- Please be sure to make checks payable to Suffolk University in US dollars
- Remember to include your name and Suffolk ID number on the front of each check
- You may pay in person with a check at the Ram Registration and Financial Services Center located on the 6th floor of 73 Tremont Street.
- Credit cards payments are only accepted online via SU Pay
- Suffolk University accepts VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover
- A 2.85% convenience fee is assessed on credit card payments
- We do not accept credit card payments over the phone or in person
- Suffolk University has partnered with Western Union and TransferMate to process domestic and international wire transfers
- Transfers with Western Union and TransferMate are initiated on SU Pay
- Suffolk University does not allow overpayments. If you transfer more funds than what is due on the student account, we may return the total or overpayment amount to the originating bank. Students may opt to keep the credit on their student account to cover future charges. Overpayments will not be refunded.
- If you drop a course that was paid for with a wire transfer and you have a credit on your student account, that credit will be returned to the source of the wire or the credit may be kept on the student account to cover future charges.