During the ADD/DROP period, students in the College of Arts and Sciences & Sawyer Business School may adjust their schedule without any additional charges incurred. In the Law School and Dual Degree Programs, drop or withdrawal must be completed prior to the first day of classes to avoid any tuition charges.

After the ADD/DROP period, dropping (or withdrawing) from a course or all courses will result in a pro-rated tuition charges based on the time of the withdrawal. 

See also:

 Withdrawal policy in the College of Arts and Science or Sawyer's Business School 
 Withdrawal policy in the Law School

Please click on the left panel to view the dates and tuition liability for each specific academic area.


  • Keep in mind that financial aid awards may be reduced or cancelled due to course withdrawal or taking a leave of absence. Any outstanding balance would then become responsibility of the student to pay. For more information on determining potential financial liability, please contact your Financial Aid Office.
  • Students are responsible for notifying the University if they plan to withdraw. Non-attendance or non-payment does not constitute official withdrawal or dropping a course.
  • If you are a returning student and need to withdraw or take a leave of absence from the University, you need to complete an official withdrawal or leave of absence form from the Office of Student Affairs. Calculation of tuition charges will be based upon the date that the form is received.
  • If you are an incoming student and wish to withdraw, contact the appropriate admissions office.
  • Remember to check your account summary for your remaining tuition balance and adjustments to your financial aid award, if any, after your leave of absence or withdrawal form has been processed



Please note: Collection and attorney fees will be added to delinquent accounts.  Learn more about our collections policy.