Student Accounts & GET
Ram Cards contain four student accounts, Ram Account, Café Cash, meal plans, and Print Bucks. Each of the four student accounts has its own designated purpose. Funds are not transferrable between accounts, are not available for withdrawal, and are not refundable.
Meal Plans can only be used at on-campus dining halls for food purchases only. Only residential students are eligible for meal plans. Meal plan funds roll over from fall to spring semester and expire after the spring semester ends. Meal plans are listed as ‘Food Points’ in the GET Portal. Meal plans cannot be modified once elected. For more information on meal plans, see the Meal Plan FAQ.
Funds can only be used at on-campus dining halls for food purchases only. Café Cash is open to both residential and commuter students. A 10% bonus is added into the account when funds are added. Café Cash does not expire. If the student has exhausted their meal plan, add funds to Café Cash.
Funds can only be used for on-campus printing purchases through an on-campus printing station. Students are allotted a set amount of funds per academic year by the university. Print Bucks expire at the end of the academic year. Funds cannot be deposited into the Print Bucks account. If your student needs more funds for printing, add funds to Ram Account. For more information about on-campus printing, rules, instructions and locations are available.
Funds can be used for any type of purchase and can be used at all on-campus locations and all participating off-campus locations. Ram Account is the only account that can be used to make purchases off-campus. Ram Account funds do not expire.
Student Account Terms and Conditions
You may pay for purchases using Ram Account funds as long as you are a member of the Suffolk community. Ram Account funds roll over from semester to semester and from year to year. There are no fees associated with the Ram Account. Ram Account funds, however, are not available for cash withdrawal. Upon graduating from or leaving Suffolk University, or after 24 months of inactivity, you will forfeit any remaining Ram Account funds. Ram Account deposits are nonrefundable.
There are numerous factors to consider when deciding the initial amount of money you would like to deposit into your Ram Account, such as:
- Do you live on campus?
- How many meals/snacks a day will you be eating while on campus?
- Will you be making purchases at the bookstore?
Please note that all funds will roll over from semester to semester and from year to year. If you don't use all your money in one semester, you always can in the following semester.
|Recommended Budget Range
GET Service Portal
The GET Service Portal manages Ram Card transactions, funds, and other card management functions. You can view your transaction history and account balances, add/manage funds, order food at on-campus dining halls, upload your ID photo, and discover off-campus locations that accept Ram Card. Parents, Guardians, and other relatives can add funds to their students accounts through the Parent’s login. Visit Ram Card for Parents for more information.
GET Mobile App
The GET Mobile app allows you to add funds, view student account balances and transactions, redeem rewards and more while on the go. You can also make purchases at university dining halls with the barcode through the GET app.
Adding & Managing Funds
There are three ways to add funds to your student accounts:
- Online via GET Service Portal - Deposit funds into your Ram Account online using a credit or debit card. Funds deposited online are credited to your Ram Account immediately. Parents can add funds to your student's Ram Account online. First, click the parent link. Next, enter two zeros, followed by your student's seven-digit student ID number. Then, select the amount you wish to deposit
- Cash - Cash may be deposited at a Value Port located on the third floor of the Sawyer Building. Check and credit card deposits can be made at Student Account Services located at 73 Tremont St., 6th floor. Checks must be made payable to Suffolk University
- Checks - If mailing a check, include the student’s name and ID number, and mail it to:
Student Account Services
c/o John Connors
73 Tremont Street
Boston, MA 02108
Credit card deposits through Student Account Services require a signature and must be made in person. Such deposits will be credited to your Ram Account within 2-3 business days.
(Please note: meal plans once elected cannot be modified, transferred, withdrawn, or refunded.)
Register for a GET Account
- Access the GET service portal.
- Select "Sign up now!” and follow the instructions. Please note, you must add two zeros (00) in front of your student ID number for the system to recognize it.
- You will then have to confirm your account. GET Funds will send an email to the email address you provide.
- Open the email and confirm your account by clicking on the link in the email.
- Log in to your account with the email you registered.
Please note: your GET login information is separate from your Suffolk University Single Sign-On information. If you need assistance with GET, please contact Campus Card Services.
Upload ID Photo
In order to submit your photo online for your university ID, you must first register your Suffolk ID number at the Get Funds Portal. You will need a valid email address and your Suffolk University student ID number.
- Select "Sign up now!" and follow the instructions. Please note, you must add two zeros (00) in front of your student ID number for the system to recognize it.
- You will then have to confirm your account. Get Funds will send an email to the email address you provided.
- Open the email and confirm your account by selecting the link in the email.
- Log in to your account with the email you registered.
- On the home page, you will find a menu. Select "Upload ID Photo."
Before uploading the picture, make sure your photo meets the following specifications:
- The picture is of yourself only
- It must be a color picture
- There is no red eye or reflections
- You are looking straight into the camera
- The picture is not too dark or too light
- You are not wearing a baseball cap
- Background should be of a neutral color
- The picture does not exceed the file size of 1MB
- The picture is in one of the following file types: JPEG, PNG, GIF
Once you make sure your photo matches the requirements, upload your picture to the portal by select "Browse," then select your picture and use the "Upload" button.
The picture will be reviewed by Campus Card Services to ensure it complies with our picture standards. Once it is reviewed, you will receive an email to let you know whether your picture was approved or rejected. If approved you will receive a confirmation email; if rejected you will get a brief explanation of why it was rejected, and you may submit a new photo to the portal.
ID Card Replacement
The replacement fee for student IDs is $25. Use the Replacement ID form to make a payment.