GET Service Portal
Visit the GET Service Portal to access your accounts, add funds, and check balances associated with your Ram Card. You can also report your card as lost or stolen and order food at on-campus dining halls.
ID & Access
Suffolk University Police issue Suffolk ID cards (branded as Ram Cards) to all incoming students and employees. Students must carry ID cards at all times and present them upon the request of a Suffolk University official. ID cards are property of Suffolk University and are not transferable. Follow this link for more information about Security Access and ID cards.
Your Ram Card contains essential information such as your student ID number, library card number, and more! Ram Cards are required to access campus buildings, utilize meal plans, print on-campus, access residential laundry facilities, and more.
Read more about Suffolk University’s ID Card policy here: CAS & SBS | Law
Your Ram Account is a stored-value, declining-balance account linked to your Ram Card. You can use it to make on- and off-campus purchases at select vendors. You can easily add funds to your Ram Account online. This account is open to all commuter and resident students, faculty, and staff. Ram Account funds can be used at participating locations—both on or off campus—and they are available as long as you are an active member of the Suffolk community. It is the convenient, cashless way to pay!
You do not need to sign up for a Ram Account—the minute you join the Suffolk community, you automatically have one. Once you’ve added funds to your Ram Account, you’re ready to start swiping your Ram Card as you would a debit card.
Student Account Descriptions
Ram Cards contain four student accounts, Ram Account, Café Cash, meal plans, and Print Bucks. Each of the four student accounts has its own designated purpose. Funds are not transferrable between accounts, are not available for withdrawal, and are not refundable.
Food Points are your meal plan funds. Funds can only be used at on-campus dining halls for food purchases only. Only residential students are eligible for meal plans. Meal plan funds roll over from fall to spring semester and expire after the spring semester ends. Meal plans are listed as ‘Food Points’ in the GET Portal.
Funds can only be used at on-campus dining halls for food purchases only. Café Cash is open to both residential and commuter students. A 10% bonus is added into the account when funds are added. Café Cash does not expire.
Funds can only be used for on-campus printing purchases through an on-campus printing station. Students are allotted a set amount of funds per academic year by the university. Print Bucks expire at the end of the academic year.
Funds can be used for any type of purchase and can be used at all on-campus locations and all participating off-campus locations. Students, Faculty, and Staff are able to use RAM Account. Ram Account is the only account that can be used to make purchases off-campus. Ram Account funds do not expire.
Terms and Conditions
You may pay for purchases using Ram Account funds as long as you are a member of the Suffolk community. Ram Account funds roll over from semester to semester and from year to year. There are no fees associated with the Ram Account. Ram Account funds, however, are not available for cash withdrawal. Upon graduating from or leaving Suffolk University, or after 24 months of inactivity, you will forfeit any remaining Ram Account funds. Ram Account deposits are nonrefundable.
How to Add Funds
- Online via GET Service Portal - Deposit funds into your Ram Account online using a credit or debit card. Funds deposited online are credited to your Ram Account immediately. Parents can add funds to your student's Ram Account online. First, click the parent link. Next, enter two zeros, followed by your student's seven digit student ID number. Then, select the amount you wish to deposit
- Cash - Cash may be deposited at a Value Port located on the third floor of the Sawyer Building. Check and credit card deposits can be made at Student Account Services located at 73 Tremont St., 6th floor. Checks must be made payable to Suffolk University
- Checks - If mailing a check, include the student’s name and ID number, and mail it to:
Student Account Services
c/o John Connors
73 Tremont Street
Boston, MA 02108
Credit card deposits through Student Account Services require a signature and must be made in person. Such deposits will be credited to your Ram Account within 2-3 business days.
Register for the GET Service Portal
- Access the GET service portal via https://get.cbord.com/suffolk/full/login.php.
- Click on “Sign up now!” and follow the instructions. Please note, you must add two zeros (00) in front of your student ID number for the system to recognize it.
- You will then have to confirm your account. GET Funds will send an email to the email address you provide.
- Open the email and confirm your account by clicking on the link in the email.
- Log in to your account with the email you registered.
There are numerous factors to consider when deciding the initial amount of money you would like to deposit into your Ram Account, such as:
- Do you live on campus?
- How many meals/snacks a day will you be eating while on campus?
- Will you be making purchases at the bookstore?
Please note that all funds will roll over from semester to semester and from year to year. If you don't use all your money this semester, you always can in the next one!
|Recommended Budget Range||Low-Range||Top-Range|
For detailed account activity, as well as balance information, log in to the GET Service Portal. Additionally, each time you make an off-campus purchase, your receipt will include your current balance. Upon request, on-campus cashiers will also provide receipts with balances. Balance information and transaction histories are available at Student Account Services, on the 6th Floor of 73 Tremont St, by calling 617-573-8407, and by email at [email protected]
Lost or Stolen Card
Step 1 – Report Ram Card as Lost or Stolen using the GET Service Portal or report it to a Security Officer at any building entrance. You must obtain a new Ram Card from Suffolk University Police. This card will be activated the moment you receive it. Once you have done so, your old card will be deactivated.
Step 2 – Pay the fee for a replacement card. The fee to replace an IDs is $25. Use the form to make a payment.
Step 3 – Pick up your new ID card at Samia Academic Center or David J. Sargent Hall.
Card Replacement Policies
- The fee to replace an IDs is $25.
- All payments must be made online using a credit card.
- No ACH payments will be accepted online.
- Payment must be made before a new ID card will be issued to you.
- Once payment is made please print out the confirmation sheet or email the confirmation page to yourself. This page will include the transaction number and the date and time that the payment was made. You will need to supply this information to the security officer in order to get a new ID. The security officer will check this information before issuing a new card to make sure that you are within a 48 hours’ time frame. If you do not pick up your new ID within the 48 hours’ time frame, you will have to pay an additional $25.
- Pick up your new card:
- Samia Academic Center Lobby: 7:30 a.m. - 10:30 p.m. 7 Days a Week
- Law School Lobby: 7:30 a.m. - 10:30 p.m. 7 Days a Week
If there is no officer present, please call SUPD Dispatch at 617-573-8333.
The GET Rewards program offers students, faculty, staff and alumni exclusive rewards benefits for using their Ram Card. The program offers rewards points that can be redeemed for prizes when you add funds to your Ram Account or Café Cash. GET Rewards is only available through the GET Mobile app.
To begin earning points, you must opt-in to the program through the GET app. Some users may be automatically opted-in. To verify if you’ve been opted in, open the GET app and scroll down to the Rewards section. Click the Rewards page to opt-in. Click ‘Opt-In’ on the pop-up when prompted. If you can view the list of prizes, you’ve been successfully opted-in.
Once you’ve opted in, one rewards point (RP) for each dollar deposited ($1 = 1RP) to either Café Cash or Ram Account will be earned to redeem towards prizes. Rewards Points (RP) are redeemed towards prizes and are relinquished at the time of redemption. Rewards Points accrue overnight, so points will appear in the user’s account the following day.
Once you’ve accumulated enough points to redeem a prize, you can redeem your points through the GET Mobile app Rewards page. Select the prize you want to redeem, and hit ‘Redeem’. Some rewards, such as Cafe Cash gift cards, are automated and will process immediately within the system. Other rewards, such as blankets, tumblers, and movie tickets, must be picked up at the HUB Desk during scheduled pickup hours. Once you claim your prize, you will notified via email when your prize is ready to be picked up. To view prizes and rewards tiers, check out the Rewards page in the GET Mobile app.
Terms and Conditions
Advertised prizes are subject to availability, may change without notice and have no cash value. Suffolk University reserves the right to substitute any prize or any portion of a prize should the advertised item become unavailable. GET Rewards program may be terminated at any time w/out notice. Program termination will void any points earned but not yet redeemed.
Participant grants permission to use their names, characters, photographs, and likenesses in connection with the promotion of this program and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use.
By participating in this program, each participant and winner waives any and all claims or actions of any kind against Suffolk University, its employees, agents, and affiliates for any personal injury, damages, or loss which may occur from the use of any prize.