Security Access & ID Cards
University Police issue Suffolk ID cards to all incoming students and employees. Students must carry ID cards at all times and present them upon the request of a Suffolk University official. ID cards are property of Suffolk University and are not transferable.
All College of Arts & Sciences and Sawyer Business School students (undergraduate and graduate) and all faculty and staff may obtain ID cards at the Sawyer Building security office, located on the second floor. Law School students and staff must obtain ID cards at the first floor security office of Sargent Hall. To verify their status, students must present a copy of their registration and a valid photo ID. Part-time faculty members must present a current contract and a valid photo ID. There is no charge for ID cards.
ID cards are available at all locations Monday through Sunday, 7 a.m. to 11 p.m., or call University Police at 617-573-8333.
Submit your ID photo online (May 13 — 28)
In order to submit your photo online for your university ID, you must first register your Suffolk ID number at the Get Funds Portal. You will need a valid email address and your Suffolk University student ID number.
- Click on “Sign up now!” and follow the instructions. Please note, you must add two zeros (00) in front of your student ID number for the system to recognize it.
- You will then have to confirm your account. Get Funds will send an email to the email address you provide.
- Open the email and confirm your account by clicking on the link in the email.
- Log in to your account with the email you registered.
- On the home page, you will find a menu on the right hand side. Click on “Upload ID Photo.”
Before uploading the picture, make sure your photo meets the following specifications:
- The picture is of yourself only
- It must be a color picture
- There is no red eye or reflections
- You are looking straight into the camera
- The picture is not too dark or too light
- You are not wearing a baseball cap
- Background should be of a neutral color
- The picture does not exceed the file size of 1MB
- The picture is in one of the following file types: JPEG, PNG, GIF
Once you make sure your photo matches the requirements, upload your picture to the portal by clicking on “Browse,” then select your picture and click the “Upload” button.
The picture will be reviewed by Campus Card Services to ensure it complies with our picture standards. Once it is reviewed, you will receive an email to let you know whether your picture was approved or rejected. If approved you will receive a confirmation email; if rejected you will get a brief explanation of why it was rejected, and you may submit a new photo to the portal.
*The replacement fee for student IDs is $25.
Building Access & Security
Access to Suffolk buildings is monitored continuously by the University Police. All entrances are monitored by closed-circuit television. Generally, administrative buildings are accessible Monday through Sunday, on a limited schedule. During off hours, access to buildings may be gained only with the approval of the University Police. Individual hours of operation vary from building to building.
Security officers staff the front desks of each of Suffolk’s residence halls 24 hours a day and maintain strict access-control procedures. All visitors must sign in and out with a host, unless otherwise authorized to enter. Authorized access cards are required for entry into each residence hall.