To this end, we work to establish long-term, mutually beneficial partnerships with community organizations in the Greater Boston area.
If you are interested in partnering with the Center, please contact us.
The Center for Community Engagement has developed partnerships with many organizations. For more information on how to become involved with any of our community partners or on how to become a community partner, please connect with us at Suffolk Impact.
Community partners reap many benefits from collaborating with the Center for Community Engagement, including:
- Increased pool of volunteers
- Staff support for project coordination
- Opportunity to educate Suffolk faculty, staff and students about community issues and to work collaboratively to address those issues
- Networking and professional development opportunities
- Support for research projects
- Assistance with advocacy and policy-related work
- Expertise and resources for community development
- Opportunity for your organization’s staff to mentor the next generation of non-profit leaders
- New funding opportunities
- Role models for pre-collegiate youth about the prospects of attending college
Adapted from The Promise of Partnerships, Scheibel, Bowley, & Jones.
The following resources from the National Service-Learning Clearinghouse provide background information on service learning topics for community based organizations:
- Benefits of Community-Based Service Learning
This fact sheet highlights some of the emerging knowledge in the field based on theory, process evaluation, and field wisdom.
- Developing Partnerships for Service Learning: Starting Points for Community-Based Organizations
Describes the benefits of service learning partnerships, the practical steps involved in forming a partnership, and the characteristics that define effective partnerships.
- Beyond Needs Assessments: Identifying A Community's Resources and Hopes
This fact sheet discusses the importance of and ways of determining what a community has, wants and hopes before conducting a service-learning project.