About Us - Center for Community Engagement
The key elements needed to accomplish this mission are:
We develop partnerships and programs that:
- integrate practical experience in the community with classroom learning
- help students gain a deeper, hands-on understanding of social justice issues
- support students’ advocacy for social change
- help students establish an ethic of service, achieve personal growth, and develop their leadership skills
- express and promote the value and acceptance of diversity in our communities
Meet Our Staff
Honors and Awards
Suffolk University is recognized as a leader among institutions of higher education for engaging its students, faculty and staff in meaningful community service opportunities.
The Carnegie Foundation Community Engagement Classification
The Carnegie Foundation selected Suffolk University for its 2010 Community Engagement Classification. This honor recognizes higher education institutions that partner with their larger community for the mutually beneficial exchange of knowledge and resources. These partnerships address community-identified needs, enhance community well-being, and enrich scholarship.
The President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll
The University has been named to the 2013 President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll for the fourth straight year. This honor recognizes institutions of higher education that encourage and support community service. Selection is based on a series of factors including scope and innovation of service projects, and the extent of service learning course offerings.