Food for Thought
- Food for Thought is a monthly discussion group focused on social issues. Join us for lunch and meaningful insights on current topics. These events are open to the Suffolk community.
Hunger and Homelessness
Did you know?
- 1 in 3 children in the U.S. is at risk of suffering from hunger
- In the U.S., more than 750,000 people are homeless on any given night
- More than 800 million suffer from hunger worldwide
- About 24,000 people die every day from hunger-related causes. That is one person every 3.6 seconds
- 7.3 percent of U.S. households are at risk of hunger
- Approximately 1.35 million children in the U.S. are homeless every year
Every November, the Center for Community Engagement marks Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Month with several events and initiatives. This includes a month-long pantry donation drive, panel discussions, service projects, and more. Donation boxes are located in the Center, residence halls and many other campus locations.