Notices & Reminders
As a reminder, Campus Mail Services, in accordance with University policy does not accept personal packages. Personal packages are items that are not work related. The issues concerning this policy relate to liability, security, and safety and an increase in workload. We understand that at times it may be necessary to have an item shipped to the University due to extenuating circumstances. In these special circumstances, please notify Mail Services (email@example.com) ahead of time that you are expecting a package and in turn, we can notify you when it arrives.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation in this matter.
Mail Safety & Security
- Campus Mail Services has received comprehensive and effective mail safety training to reduce risks to the university community about recent concerns related to mail containing anthrax. We also provide seminars and/or literature on Mailroom Security Awareness related to biological and chemical threats and mail bombs. For more information contact the mail services supervisor.
- For safety reasons Campus Mail Services requires a return address on all pieces of outgoing mail.
Pennies Make Dollars: Postal-Related Cost Savings
- Effective Mail Piece Design
- Utilize Standard (A) Bulk Mail
- Take Advantage of Non Profit Status
- Business Reply vs. Courtesy Reply
- Evaluate List Credibility
- Reduce/Eliminate Overnight/Same Day Couriers
- Purchase Envelopes In Bulk 5,000 – 10,000
- Don’t Be Afraid To Ask Vendors To Reduce Costs For Envelopes, Printing, Services Etc.
- Plenty of Competition
- Do Your Homework
- Know What You Are Talking About
- Form Internal Consortium – Two or More Departments Using Same Vendor
- Mail Prior to USPS/FedEx/UPS Price Increases
- Insist That Mailing Houses Provide The Highest Level of Automation Compatibility / Sorting
- Use Correct Address For Incoming Mail and Packages
- “Address Service Requested” On All Envelopes
- Clearly Identify Airmail, Interoffice, Etc.
- Explore Other Communication Mediums
- Consult Mail Services - firstname.lastname@example.org