The investigator's toolbox is a web-based information repository designed to assist investigators and staff involved in research involving human participants. The toolbox contains templates, forms, guidelines, regulations, and information materials to assist in the development and conduct of high-quality research studies.
IRB Committee Members
- Michal Ben-Josef Hirsch, Ph.D.
IRB Member - Government Department
- Ashley DiFraia
IRB Member, Office of Research & Sponsored Programs
- Heather Dwyer
Ph.D., IRB Member - Center for Teaching and Scholarly Excellence
- Paul Guarino, Ph.D.
IRB Member - Information Technology Services
- Alison Kelly, Ph.D.
Chair - Department of Economics
- David Langer, Ph.D.
IRB Member- Department of Psychology
- Lia Martin, Ph.D.
IRB Member - Unaffiliated Member: The Justice Resource Institute
- Emily Nayyer
IRB Member - Department of Psychology
- Christine Nolder
Ph.D., IRB Member - Business School
- James Ptacek, Ph.D.
IRB Member - Department of Sociology
- Ragini Shah, JD
IRB Member - Suffolk University Law School
- Michael Suvak, Ph.D.
Vice Chair - Department of Psychology
What You Need to Know and Do to Submit an IRB Application for the First Time
- Access IRB Net
- Submitting Continuing reviews, Protocol Modifications, and Final reports on IRBNet [Word Doc]
- Human Subjects Research Application [Word Doc]
- Human Subjects Research Application for Exemption [Word Doc]
- Request for Continuing Review [Word Doc]
- Protocol Modification Request [Word Doc]
- Human Subjects Research Final Report [Word Doc]
- Waiver of Some or all Elements of Informed Consent [Word Doc]
- Data and Safety Monitoring Plan [Word Doc]
- HIPAA Waiver Authorization [Word Doc]
- Report of Unanticipated Problems Involving Risks to Subjects [Word Doc]
- Report of Protocol Deviation [Word Doc]
- Consent Audiotaping and Transcription [Word Doc]
- Components of a research proposal/protocol [Word Doc]
- Guidance on Informed Consent [Word Doc]
- Guidance on Parental Permission [Word Doc]
- Guidance on Child Assent [Word Doc]
- Reporting Unanticipated Problems and Adverse Events [Word Doc]