Accelerated Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Political Science
If you plan to work in government or public service, you might consider putting your career on the fast track by earning a graduate degree, too. And you can earn a dual bachelor’s/master’s degree in just five years through Suffolk’s accelerated program.
You can apply to this dual-degree & program in your junior year at Suffolk, during the spring semester, and take your first graduate course the following fall. You can take two graduate-level courses in your senior year (one during the fall semester and one during the spring semester) and then complete your graduate studies in a fifth full-time year, saving both time and tuition.
Your graduate courses will enhance the knowledge and skills you gain as an undergraduate and help you get real-world experience with a professional internship.
Admission & Degree Requirements
This program is designed to provide an accelerated path for undergraduate Political Science & Legal Studies majors to obtain a Master’s degree in Applied Politics or Global Public Policy studies quickly and at a reduced cost. Students benefit from the experience of a smooth transition from undergraduate to graduate study in a familiar environment; many will be able to continue research with faculty mentors.
- Nomination by a member of the Political Science & Legal Studies Department faculty
- Junior class standing
- An overall GPA of 3.3 or higher
- A major GPA of 3.5 or higher
- A completion of a minimum of four undergraduate Political Science & Legal Studies courses
- Completion of the standard Suffolk University graduate application
- Priority application deadline is March 15 of the junior year (with enrollment in the first semester of the senior year); rolling admission thereafter, on a space available basis
- Approval of the MAAP/MAGPP Graduate Admissions Committee
Courses & Requirements
Learn more about the classes, requirements, and different options available to complete the program.