Situated at the intersection of Boston’s local, state, and federal government institutions, our program immerses students in all facets of the American political system. With seminars in electoral and advocacy campaign management to legislation and lobbying, you’ll gain the foundational knowledge and hands-on experience needed to influence the political process and make an impact.
As a student in Suffolk’s Master of Arts in Applied Politics program, you will:
- Enhance your expertise and build connections through an internship requirement, completed here in Boston, on Capitol Hill, or abroad
- Expand your tactical skills in policy writing, theoretical research, and data analysis
- Learn from a distinguished, passionate faculty of academics and practitioners
- Practice campaign management strategy in our course ‘Ready, Set, Run’ and our nationally-ranked polling center, the Suffolk University Political Research Center (SUPRC)
- Leverage a network of global Suffolk alumni working in elected office, international diplomacy, business consultancies, lobbying firms, and so much more