Groups and Workshops
Upcoming Sessions Current Groups & Workshops
Drop-in Support Groups
Name: Support Space for Students of Color
Location: In-person, at CSDI
Day/Time: TBD For Fall 2021
Initial appointment is not required. Contact CHW counseling staff member Natasha Torkelson via the Student Health Portal for more information.
Name: Interpersonal Support Group [PDF]
Location: In-person, at CHW
Day/Time: TBD for Fall 2021
Initial consultation appointment with counseling staff required.
Struggling with relationships? Is it difficult to "be yourself"? Does it feel like no one really knows you? Join this engaging and supportive therapy group to grow your relationship skills and find your voice.
Name: Build Your Toolbox [PDF]
Location: In-person, 5030 Stahl Center
Day/Time: Wednesday 1pm
Initial appointment is not required.
Join this experiential workshop to learn new ways of coping with physical, emotional, and cognitive stress.
Benefits of Joining a Group
- Increased self-awareness, reflection, and coping skills.
- An effective way to reduce symptoms of anxiety, depression, and stress.
- Connect with others and learn from each other’s experiences.
- Practice new relationship skills and learn to love yourself by being yourself.
- Learn more about the benefits of Group Therapy.
What Happens in Group?
- Groups typically meet weekly for 45-90 minutes.
- Groups are facilitated by CHW clinicians, providing a safe and supportive space for all members.
- All group members commit to confidentiality to maintain safety and privacy
- Each group member decides how much they want to share. You can learn a lot by observing and most people find group most helpful when they share their concerns with the group.
- It’s normal to feel anxious or uncertain at the first group meeting. We ask students to commit to attending 3 times before deciding if it is a fit for you.
How do I Join a Group or Learn More?
- Be an enrolled SU Student.
- Drop-in Groups and Workshops do not require an initial appointment – students can attend anytime.
- Counseling groups do require an initial consultation with counseling staff so you can learn more about the group and determine if it feels like a fit for you.
- More questions? Contact CHW counseling staff member Teresa Blevins via the Student Health Portal.