Groups and Workshops
Counseling, Health, & Wellness is facilitating drop-in workshops and support groups designed to assist with coping for all students. These 50-minute virtual spaces will offer opportunities to connect with others, and learn skills for coping in these uncertain times.
Workshops are focused on teaching skills you can use for connection, communication, and managing emotions.
Support Groups are spaces to talk and connect with other students around experiences, identities, or current stressors. The content and focus of the support groups will be based on the needs of students participating in each meeting.
Keep in mind:
- Support Groups and Workshops are available to all current Suffolk University students regardless of location. Services are not available for alumni.
- Students may attend multiple sessions and there is a sign-in process for each meeting to ensure security.
- Students may sign-in in advance or at the time of the meeting using Suffolk email and password credentials; please set your name on the Zoom sign-up to reflect how you like to be addressed.
- Participants may be removed from the workshop for engaging in verbal abuse/harassment, or exhibiting offensive or inappropriate content, at the facilitators’ discretion.
- Note that the workshop or support group will not be conducted after 20 minutes if no students are in attendance that day.
These supports do not provide mental health treatment. If you would like to speak to a counselor, call us at 617-573-8226. If you are experiencing a mental health emergency, please contact 911 or an emergency mental health service in your local community.
If you have questions about our drop-in supports, please contact Teresa Blevins, Ph.D. at firstname.lastname@example.org
All groups and workshops Nov. 2, 2020-Nov. 6, 2020 will make time for managing election related stress. Going forward, all groups and workshops are available for help managing election related stress.
Join us for an experiential virtual workshop focused on building resilience to navigate the anxiety of uncertain times. Expand your coping toolbox with skills for building self-awareness and self-compassion, engaging in relationships, and making meaning of your experiences.
Wednesday 12 p.m.
Feb. 10, 2021
April 14, 2021
Join us for a virtual workshop, hosted by CHW, in which students will learn tools to help sustain meaningful relationships during this time of physical distancing.Wednesday 12 p.m.
Jan. 27, 2021
Mar. 10, 2021
This support group is offered to any Suffolk student who wants to come together to discuss the challenges and struggles of being a student, get support from other students with similar concerns, increase self-awareness, and develop relationships with other students. It’s unstructured, informal, and time can be used to talk about anything on your mind.
4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Wednesday Jan. 27, 2021 - May 7, 2021