Emergencies and After-Hours Care
Anyone experiencing a life-threatening mental health emergency can also seek assistance from mental health professionals by going to the nearest hospital emergency room. Students who have obtained emergency assistance may wish to inform the Dean of Students/CARE Team as soon as possible in order to obtain support for academic responsibilities.
CHW Crisis Services
During business hours
- At this time, all services are being provided as telehealth via confidential Zoom technology; for students who come in-person for urgent consultations, a Zoom room is available in our office
- Urgent consultations are available 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Individuals referring a student for crisis services may come to CHW with the student or call us ahead of time (617-573-8226)
- Mental health support is available to all students by calling our main number (617-573-8226) and following the prompts
- National Suicide Hotline
- Website and online chat feature
- Spanish Language: 1-866-628-9454
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing: 1-800-799-4889
- Veterans: 1-800-273-8255
- Disaster Distress: 1-800-985-5990
- BIPOC Hotlines
- LGBTQ+ Hotlines
Local Emergency Rooms Near Campus
MGH Acute Psychiatry (10 minute walk from campus)
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114
Tufts New England Medical Center
Tufts Medical Center
800 Washington Street
Street Level (between Arlington and Stuart Streets)
Boston, MA 02111
St. Elizabeth's Hospital
William F. Connell Entrance (corner of Cambridge and Washington streets)
255 Washington St.
Brighton, MA 02135
Massachusetts Mental Health Crisis Resources
Boston B.E.S.T Program (Boston locations call 800-981-4357)
Provides comprehensive crisis evaluation and treatment, including mobile crisis units. Serving the Boston, Brookline, Chelsea, Revere and Winthrop communities.
Massachusetts Emergency Response Program (for outside of Boston)
Provides emergency mental health services throughout Massachusetts, including mobile crisis units. Their website has local numbers for all communities in Massachusetts.
Mass Behavioral Health Partnership (1-877-382-1609)
Provides mobile crisis intervention for mental health or substance use concerns throughout Massachusetts for those without health insurance or who have MassHealth or Medicaid. Some website information is offered for Spanish speakers.