Immunization Requirements

Student Immunization Requirements

Suffolk University requires ALL students to provide documentation of COVID vaccine and booster(s) consistent with the CDC’s definition of up to date COVID vaccination. Full information regarding Suffolk’s COVID response can be found on the COVID Advisory Pages.

In addition, all students under age 30 enrolled in a full-time academic program, all health science students, and all international students are required by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health to submit additional immunization records to Suffolk University upon enrollment.

Required Immunizations Deadlines for All Students

June 1, 2022

All students attending in-person orientation must upload proof of COVID vaccination (or documentation required for a medical or religious waiver). Though not required, Counseling, Health, and Wellness (CHW) strongly recommends uploading all required immunization documentation to the health portal prior to orientation.

September 1, 2022

All students moving into residence halls must upload proof of COVID vaccination (or documentation required for a medical or religious waiver) AND all other required immunization documentation. Students will not be permitted to move in to their room if out of compliance with these requirements.

Two Weeks After Semester Start

Students who have not submitted documentation regarding required vaccines -- including COVID vaccine and booster(s) -- are subject to registration holds or other actions until documentation is received. If documentation regarding COVID vaccine or booster(s) are required by a specific deadline different than the above, this will be communicated via Suffolk email. All students should check their Suffolk email or the COVID Advisory Pages for this information.

Instructions to Upload Required Documentation

  1. Review the Student Health Requirements Checklist [PDF] for a thorough explanation of what is required, acceptable and what alternatives are acceptable for each (i.e. titer results), and a form to be completed by a licensed health provider.
  2. Have a licensed health provider complete the required form or obtain other medical documentation of each immunization you received or one of the defined acceptable alternatives. Scan or take a photo of your documentation and submit it electronically via the student health portal (see step 3) to be reviewed and verified by CHW staff.
  3. Log into CHW’s secure Student Health Portal using your Suffolk login credentials (same as your Suffolk email login name/password) and follow the instructions to input your immunization history and upload the required documentation.
  4. REMINDER: In addition to immunization documentation, students must also follow instructions to accept or waive Suffolk’s student health insurance policy and all new students must complete certain education requirements.

Immunization-related Registration Holds

If an immunization-related registration hold has been placed on your course registration or housing selection with a CHW Health Services hold, this means that you have not met all of the immunization requirements outlined and is the result of either: 

  • You have not uploaded all of your immunization records through the student health portal
  • The documentation you have provided is incomplete, inaccurate, or written in a language other than English and cannot be interpreted
  • You are due for the next shot in a multi-shot series or need a booster shot to once again become compliant

CHW Health will notify you via your Suffolk email and through the student health portal in advance of the registration period or other hold/restriction if you are missing immunization requirements. If you have any questions about what information is missing, please login to the Student Health Portal and review your records.  Student should also call CHW or email with any questions or concerns about their immunization record status with CHW.