Services and Appointments
Our healthcare services and programs are available to all registered Suffolk University students and include:
- Physical exams
- Diagnostic testing and blood work
- Treatment of acute illness and injury
- Prescriptions when appropriate
- Vaccine administration, including flu shots
- Testing, diagnosis and treatment of STDs
- Contraceptive management, pregnancy testing, counseling and emergency contraception
- COVID-19 related services
- Preventative healthcare
- Health education, including nutrition and concerns about disordered eating
- Sports physicals and other routine exams
- Travel guidance
- Screening services, including tuberculosis testing/PPD
- Referral to specialty medical practices in the Boston area
To schedule a medical advice phone visit, a same day sick visit, or a non-urgent medical visit with a CHW medical provider, go to the student health portal and follow the instructions found there. Same-day appointment slots become available at 8:00 a.m. every day, but several types of appointments can be made in advance (no more than 72 hours). Medical advice phone visit and medical appointments are conducted Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
In the case of a medical advice phone visit, the student will receive a call from the medical provider at the time they have chosen. If a face-to-face visit is necessary, and the medical provider deems it safe and appropriate, the student will be assigned a time to come to the CHW clinic in-person. Students may also be referred to off-campus providers for in-person services as appropriate.
In the case of a same day sick visit or a non-urgent medical visit, the student may receive a call in advance of the time they have chosen to come to the clinic to answer some screening questions.
Students are responsible for providing their preferred phone number by sending a secure message to the CHW medical provider with whom they have scheduled a medical advice phone visit via the student health portal. CHW medical providers will provide Zoom links for video-appointments via secure message to the student as needed.