Room Selection Information
The room selection process allows current students to participate in a housing lottery for the following academic year. Specific eligibility information for housing for the 2018-2019 academic year will be sent via Suffolk email to each residential student and their home. The housing lottery process requires a $250 non-refundable deposit to be paid between February 1 and February 28, 2018. Any existing balance must be paid off prior to submitting a housing deposit. All housing deposits should be submitted via MySuffolk.
Students who meet the below criteria are given first priority. Students who do not meet the eligibility criteria may still submit an $250 housing deposit via MySuffolk by February 28, 2017**. If more housing becomes available, it will be offered to them. Notification of housing availability will be sent the week after Spring Break.
**If you deposit and we are unable to offer you housing, your deposit will be refunded**
Housing Eligibility Criteria
- Students who currently live in University-sponsored housing
- Students who started at Suffolk University's Boston campus as a freshman or transfer in Fall 2017 or Spring 2018; or started at Suffolk University's Madrid campus as a freshman in Fall 2017 or Spring 2018
- Members of the University Honors Program
- Students who have not been sanctioned with Loss of Future Housing that extends beyond April 1, 2018 via the Community Standards and Student Conduct System
- Students who have submitted their $250 housing deposit via MySuffolk by February 28, 2018 and have paid their previous balance
- Students who have signed the 2018-2019 License Agreement on SUConnect by February 28, 2018
- Registered, full-time students as of April 10, 2018 for the Fall 2018 semester
The following cancellation fees will apply if you receive housing for the Fall 2018/Spring 2019 Academic year and decide to cancel and remain enrolled at Suffolk.
|5/15/2018 — 6/30/2018||$750|
|7/1/2018 — 9/1/2018||$1,500|
|9/2/2018 — 9/10/2018||$3,000|
|9/11/2018 and beyond||100% of Housing Charges|
For current Residence Hall pricing and charges, visit Tuition, Residence Halls & Meal Plans: Fall 2018 - Spring 2019. Please note these costs are subject to change.
- Residence halls will open for incoming students on Sunday, September 2. If you are an incoming student, please refer to the Room Assignment Sheet you will receive in late July/Early August for your assigned move in time.
- Residence halls will open for returning students on Monday, September 3, at 9 a.m.
- Residence halls will close on Wednesday, November 21, at 10 a.m. for Thanksgiving break.
- Residence halls will reopen on Sunday, November 25, at 10 a.m.
- Residence halls will close on Wednesday, December 19, at 10 a.m.* Students must leave at this time or 24 hours after their last final exam, whichever comes first.
*In the event that inclement weather postpones final exams, the residence halls will close on Thursday, December 20, at 10 a.m.
Spring Semester Residence halls will open on Sunday, January 13, at 10 a.m.
- Residence halls will close on Saturday, March 9, at 10 a.m. for spring break.
- Residence halls will open on Sunday, March 17, at 10 a.m.
- Residence halls will close on Thursday, May 9, at 12 p.m. Students must leave at this time or 24 hours after their last final exam, whichever comes first.
The Returning Student Housing Waitlist (RLH) is for current undergraduate CAS and SBS Suffolk students returning to the University the following semester. No deposit is required and there is no commitment to sign up for the waitlist. RLH will begin contacting students from the Housing Waitlist in mid-May, and will continue throughout the summer as space becomes available.
While the waitlist is not strictly first come, first served, there is an advantage to signing up early! Characteristics such as gender, international status, distance from campus, class year, etc. may affect the order in which students on the waitlist are offered housing.
Students on the waitlist are not guaranteed to receive an offer for University-sponsored housing. Students on the waitlist are encouraged to work with the Off-Campus Housing Office to navigate their search for off-campus housing. New Suffolk students who place a deposit for housing will be given priority for spaces.
The Returning Student Waitlist can be found on SU Connect under the Residence Life & Housing "Forms" tab.
If you are a new undergraduate student, (first-year or transfer student) follow the instructions provided by the Undergraduate Admission Office to confirm enrollment and housing.
If you have questions regarding housing eligibility or the waitlist process, please contact the Residence Life & Housing Central Office at 617-305-2500 or email them.