Important Dates for Housing at Suffolk
Roommate and Room Assignments
As a new residential student entering Suffolk University for Fall 2019, you will receive an email in May 2019 with instructions for filling out your roommate questionnaire. It is important that you fill this out accurately to help us match you with the most compatible roommate to begin your Suffolk experience!
You will then receive an email in mid/late July 2019 with your roommate information, building, and room assignments, as well as important welcome information. This email will also give you a specific move-in time. The move-in date for all new students is Sunday, September 1, 2019. It is important that you do your best to arrive during your designated move-in time so that we can be most prepared to assist you.
During Fall move-in, the University provides support with unloading areas in parking lots as well as traffic control by University and Boston Police. You will need to park your car after unloading, and there are many parking lots near to campus. While finding street parking is a more inexpensive option, we recommend that you plan on utilizing a parking lot/garage. Keep in mind that this is Labor Day weekend, and the city will be bustling with college students moving into campuses and off-campus apartments. Please refer to the table below to identify your move-in time. Due to the high volume of traffic in the city, we ask that you please stick to your assigned move-in time so we are able to ensure the smoothest move-in possible!
If you are registered for the August 29-August 30 First-Year Student orientation session, you may move in between 12 p.m. and 8 p.m. on August 28.
If you are registered for the August 30 Transfer Student orientation session, you may move in between 12 p.m. and 8 p.m. on August 28.
Key Housing Dates for Fall Semester
- Residence halls will open for incoming students on Sunday, September 3. If you are an incoming student, please refer to the Room Assignment Sheet you will receive in July for your assigned move in time.
- Residence halls will open for returning students on Monday, September 4 at 9 a.m.
- Residence halls will close on Wednesday, November 22 at 10 a.m. for Thanksgiving break.
- Residence halls will reopen on Sunday, November 26 at 10 a.m.
- Residence halls will close on Wednesday, December 21 at 10 a.m. *Students must leave at this time or 24 hours after their last final exam, whichever comes first.
*In the event that inclement weather postpones final exams, the residence halls will close on Thursday, December 22 at 10 a.m.
During Spring move-in, please pull up to the residence hall you are assigned and follow any instructions from staff and University and Boston Police. For Spring move-in, the University does not provide any reserved street or parking lot. While finding street parking is more inexpensive, we recommend that you plan on utilizing a parking lot/garage.
Key Housing Dates for Spring Semester
- Residence halls will open on Sunday, January 14 at 10 a.m.
- Residence halls will close on Saturday, March 10 at 10 a.m. for Spring Break.
- Residence halls will open on Sunday, March 18 at 10 a.m.
- Residence halls will close on Thursday, May 10 at 12 p.m. Students must leave at this time or 24 hours after their last final exam, whichever comes first.