View my 1098T &
- Click on 1098-T Form link here
- Enter Suffolk University for School Name
- Click on Suffolk University and hit Submit
- Enter student’s personal information
- Check off "I’m not a Robot" and hit Continue
- To view 1098T click on + sign
- Click on View/Print Statement to print
The IRS Form 1098-T is an information form filed with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). The 1098-T form reports amounts paid for qualified tuition and related expenses. The information on the 1098-T form is provided to assist the student with filing for the education tax benefits/tax credit deductions, such as the Lifetime Learning Tax Credit, Hope Scholarship Tax Credit, or the Deduction for Qualified Higher Education Expenses.
For the tax reporting calendar year 2018, Form 1098-T will be available online to view and download on the SU Pay portal if the student agreed to receive the form electronically. An Authorized User may be able to access the form through the portal if the student granted access to view and download Form 1098-T. An email notification will be generated once electronic forms are available to view on SU Pay. Physical forms will be mailed by Heartland ECSI. All forms will be available by the end of January 2019.
To view the form on Heartland ECSI, click on the 1098-T Form link under View MY 1098-T on the right of this page. Follow the instructions listed below:
- On the page Search For Your Tax Document, enter Suffolk University under School Name.
- Click on Suffolk University and hit Submit.
- Enter the student's details: student’s first name, last name, SSN and the student’s home zip code.
- Check off I’m not a Robot and hit the Continue button. You will be brought to a new page that lists your 1098-T Statement. Click on the + sign at the far right. This will show you the details of the 1098-T statement.
- The View/Print Statement link on the right will help you to print the statement.
For the 2018 calendar year (January 1, 2018 - December 31, 2018), all students who were officially registered, taking courses for academic credit, and submitted payment and/or received funding to pay qualified tuition and fees will be provided a 1098-T form.
In addition, students who had adjustments to prior year scholarship awards during the 2018 tax calendar will be sent the Form 1098-T even if they were not enrolled.
Yes. You will be provided a 1098-T if you have made a payment toward qualified tuition and fees or have aid disbursed to your student account.
Please read all of the information available here. If you still feel there is an error, please contact the Office of the Bursar for assistance.
If you are classified as a Non Resident Alien as defined by the IRS and are coded as such in the Suffolk University records system, you will not be sent a 1098-T form. Please contact the IRS or your personal tax preparer for assistance.
Suffolk University cannot provide you with tax advice.
We offer as much information as possible and include informative resources and references where available. Other resources such as browsing the IRS website, which is easy to navigate, and seeking the advice from a qualified tax professional are recommended if you have questions about your specific reporting.