To commemorate this momentous occasion, the Suffolk University Sustainability Committee wants to celebrate by providing the community with virtual ways to be informed and get involved at home, locally, and globally on this day of environmental stewardship.
Earth Day 2021
Earth Day Virtual Opportunities
Visit the official Earth Day website to read about the history of Earth Day, news articles and stories, and this year's Earth Day theme: climate action.
Suffolk University's Center for Urban Ecology and Sustainability (CUES) shares how drones and GIS are used to solve environmental challenges and the importance of disposing gloves in the trash.
CUES - Drones
CUES - GIS
Earth Day & Environmental Health - Glove Safety
Use this time at home to incorporate more sustainable practices into your lifestyle.
Learn how you can level up your sustainable lifestyle [PDF] in honor of Earth Day's 50th Anniversary,
Read-up on environmental issues, especially those highlighted during the COVID-19 crisis.
- The Suffolk Journal has a series of stories that have been tagged Suffolk Climate Watch, including:
- The official Earth Day Website has a number of available articles and resources including:
- The Guardian published a story about how a study found "Air pollution linked to far higher Covid-19 death rates"
- "Coronavirus lockdowns have sent pollution plummeting. Environmentalists worry about what comes next" writes NBC News
- The Atlantic discusses how social distancing and "The Pandemic Is Turning the Natural World Upside Down"
- "Farmworkers, Mostly Undocumented, Become “Essential” During Pandemic" from the New York Times
- On the NPR Podcast Code Switch, listen "Why The Coronavirus Is Hitting Black Communities Hardest"