J-1 student status will allow you to remain in the U.S. for the duration of your full-time academic program. J-1 Students must have a substantial portion of their funding from a source other than personal. The spouse and dependent children of a J-1 student hold J-2 status and can usually obtain permission from DHS to work in the U.S.

J-1 Visa Application

Everything you need to know about applying for the J-1 student visa. Learn More

J-1 Visa Regulations

Everything you need to know about maintaining lawful J-1 student status. Learn More