The J-1 visa for researchers and professors has several sub-categories. In general the J-1 visa (known as the Exchange Visitor Program) is for the exchange of professors and research scholars that promotes the exchange of ideas, research, mutual enrichment and linkages between research and academic institutions in the United States and foreign countries.

J-1 Scholar Visa Application

Everything you need to know about applying for the J-1 scholar visa. Learn More

J-1 Scholar Visa Regulations

Everything you need to know about maintaining lawful J-1 scholar status. Learn More