Our main services include:
- Making a career transition and conducting a career assessment
- Writing and revising resumes and cover letters
- Advice and feedback on networking and interviewing strategies and techniques
The Job Search Guidance section of this webpage is also a good place to get advice and information on resumes, cover letters, networking, interviewing, and job search resources (including many links to helpful career websites).
Job shadow provides an inside look at jobs, organizations, and career paths. Job shadows are offered during the spring semester. They are unpaid and cannot be taken for credit. They vary from a half-day to a full day and are sponsored by alumni and friends of Suffolk.
Through this experience, students can:
- Learn what kinds of jobs are available in your field of interest and how to prepare for them
- Discover what expectations employers have
- See how organizations are run and what the pace of work is like
- Begin to develop networking skills
- Make smart choices about electives, internships, minors and other academic decisions
The Job Shadow Program is starting again during the Spring 2017 semester! Come back for updates and feel free to reach out with any questions.
If you have any questions, please contact Lauren Gray in the Career Development Center.
If you're a student and interested in more information about the Job Shadowing Program, check out our Job Shadowing Student Guide [PDF].
If you're a sponsor and interested in more information about the Job Shadowing Program, check out our Job Shadowing Sponsor Guide.
Ram Alumni Mentoring Program (RAMP)
The Ram Alumni Mentoring Program (RAMP) connects alumni and students in long-lasting, mutually-rewarding mentoring relationships that foster the personal, educational and career success of the students and meaningfully engage alumni with Suffolk. We now have almost 100 alumni mentors!
Find the details in the RAMP Mentor Guide [PDF].
Alumni Information Sessions and “Meet Your Mentor” Student/Alumni Networking
We offer optional individual and group RAMP Information Sessions to alumni. Contact Joanna Lazarek if you are interested.
We look forward to your participation in making RAMP a success!