Susan Westcott Alessandri, PhD
Associate Professor, Advertising, Public Relations, & Social MediaSend a Message
- PhD, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- MA, Northeastern University
- BS, Framingham State College
Dr. Alessandri’s research focuses on organizational brand identity and branding and trademark issues in marketing. She is the author of Visual Identity: Promoting and Protecting the Public Face of an Organization (2009) and Brand Identity in Sport (2018). Her research has also been published in several textbooks and a number of academic books and journals, including Corporate Reputation Review, Corporate Communications: An International Journal, Education Review of Business Communication, Journal of Marketing for Higher Education, Journal of Advertising Education and Journal of Employee Communication Management.
- Syracuse University
S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications
- Syracuse University
Martin J. Whitman School of Management
Adjunct Assistant Professor
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
School of Journalism & Mass Communication
Instructor of Record
- Lee, J.W. & Alessandri, S.W. (2018). Life is good: A good life for this lifestyle brand. In Branded: Branding in Sport Business (2nd ed.), Lee, J.W., ed. Durham: Carolina Academic Press.
- Alessandri, S.W. (2016). Visual Identity. In The SAGE Encyclopedia of Corporate Reputation, Craig Carroll, ed. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Alessandri, S.W. (2013). Corporate reputation and the discipline of visual communication. The Handbook of Communication and Corporate Reputation, Craig Carroll, ed. Wiley-Blackwell Publishing.
- Lee, J. & Alessandri, S.W. (2018). Brand Identity in Sport. Durham, North Carolina: Carolina Academic Press.
- Alessandri, S.W. (2009). Visual Identity: Promoting & Protecting the Public Face of an Organization. Armonk, New York: M.E. Sharpe. Published by Routledge since 2015.
Awards & Honors
- 2007 - Paper awarded first prize in the Multicultural Studies Division of the Broadcast Education Association
- 2006 - Nominated by a graduate public relations major to Who's Who Among America's Teachers
- 2003 - Selected to participate in the Advertising Education Foundation (AEF) Visiting Professor Program
- 1999 - Awarded a 3-year Park Fellowship for doctoral study at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill