James Angelini, PhD, CPA
Lecturer, Accounting & Business LawSend a Message
For 25 years, Dr. James Angelini was the Director of the Master of Science in Taxation Program at the Sawyer Business School. He has been Chair of the Accounting Department and served on numerous SBS committees. Dr. Angelini helped the Accounting Department obtain initial separate accounting accreditation with AACSB, which is held by only 189 accounting programs in the world. He has taught both undergraduate and graduate courses in taxation.
Dr. Angelini’s area of expertise is taxation and he is a CPA in Massachusetts with over 48 years of public accounting experience. As a tenured professor with current practical experience, he contributes to the experiential goals of the Taxation program. He has published numerous articles on various topics in federal and state taxation, with an emphasis on tax policy. Dr. Angelini is also a consultant to the Beacon Hill Institute on various tax policy studies. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, and the Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants, where he has served on various committees.
Honors and Recognitions
- Dean’s Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2003
- Dean’s Award for Excellence in Service, 2001 and 2009
- Beta Alpha Psi Faculty of the Year, 2012-2013
- Board of Directors, MA Board of Public Accountancy, 2013 to 2020.
- Member, Education Credentials Committee of the MA Society of CPAs, 2009 to 2020.
- Treasurer, Board of Directors for Education Now 2.0, 2017 to present.
- Tax consultant to various clients, since 1973
- Consulting service to the Beacon Hill Institute
Recent Intellectual Contributions
Angelini, J., Feng, N. C. (2018). The Effect of Deduction Phaseout on Charitable Giving. Tax Notes/Tax Analysts, 158(5), p. 631-639.
Angelini, J., Davenport, S. A. (2017). Defining Wealth (Inconsistently) in the Tax Code. CPA Journal (October 2017).
Feng, N. C., Angelini, J. (2016). The Effect of Economic Recession on UBI of Nonprofits. Tax Notes, 152(11), 1537-1548.
- James Angelini's Intellectual Contributions [PDF]
- Boston Globe – Analysis of Mayoral candidate tax returns - forthcoming
- Boston Globe. (December 20, 2017).
- Boston Globe. (December 19, 2017).
- Suffolk Journal. (October 2017).
- Wall Street Journal - Letter to the Editor (July 2, 2021)
- Wall Street Journal - Letter to the Editor. (October 3, 2016).
- Wall Street Journal - Letter to the Editor. (January 23, 2015).
- Wall Street Journal - Letter to the Editor. (October 6, 2011).
- Wall Street Journal - Letter to the Editor. (May 24, 2011).
- Salem News - Weekly Column. (2005).
- WBUR. (November 3, 2017).
- Bloomberg Radio with Carol Massar - MarketWatch with Alisa Parenti. (March 1, 2013).
- WCRN, Worcester, MA. (April 2008).
- WRKO - Jerry Williams Show. (2000).
- Ch. 7 news. (January 2013).
- WMUR-TV, Manchester, NH. (June 23, 1993).