John Berg, PhD
Professor Emeritus, GovernmentSend a Message
- PhD, Harvard University
- MA, Harvard University
- BA, University of Wisconsin
- Parties and party systems, especially minor parties
- Legislative Politics
- Interest groups and lobbying
- American political development
- Environmental politics
- At Suffolk since 1974.
- Previously legislative research assistant to Senator Gaylord Nelson (D-WI).
- Leave It in the Ground: The Politics of Coal and Climate (Santa Barbara: Praeger, 2019)
- Editor: Teamsters and Turtles? Progressive US Political Movements in the Twenty-First Century (Boulder: Rowman & Littlefield, 2003)
- Author: Unequal Struggle: Class, Gender, Race and Power in the US Congress (Boulder: Westview, 1994).
- President, New England Political Science Association, 2013-2014
- Fulbright Senior Specialist, 2005-2010 (University Kyiv-Mohyla Academy, Ukraine, 2005; Cheju National University, Korea, 2006; University of the Free State, Qwaqwa, 2009)
- Chair, Research Committee #49, "Socialism, Capitalism, and Democracy" of the International Political Science Association, 2000-2009
- Associate Fellow, Rothermere American Institute, University of Oxford, 2004-2007
- President, Northeastern Political Science Association, 2003-2004
- Chair, New Political Science Section, American Political Science Association, 2001-2003
- Reviews Editor, New Political Science, 1998-2003