Bernice Martin, PhD
Associate Professor Emerita, BiologySend a Message
- PhD, SUNY Downstate Medical Center
- BA, CUNY Hunter College
- Extracellular Matrix
- Signal Transduction
- Cell Growth
Associate Professor, Dept. of Biology, Suffolk University
Assistant Professor, Dept. of Biology, Suffolk University
Assistant Professor (Part-Time), Dept. of Biology, Suffolk University
Instructor (Part-Time), Dept. of Biology, Suffolk University
Adjunct Faculty, Dept. of Biology, Suffolk University
Peer Review Articles
- Jackson, L.E., Faris, B., Martin, B. M., Jones, H. V., Rich, C. B., Foster, J.A. and Franzblau, C. The Effect of β-Aminopropionitrile on Elastin Gene Expressions in Smooth Muscle Cell Cultures. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Comm. 179: 939-944, 1991.
- Martin, B.M., Ritchie, A.R., Toselli, P. and Franzblau, C. Elastin Synthesis and Accumulation by Irradiated Smooth Muscle Cells, Conn. Tis. Res. 28: 181-189, 1992. Rich, C.B., Ewton, D.Z., Martin, B.M., Florini, J.R., Bashir, M., Rosenbloom, J., and Foster, J.A. IGF-I Regulation of Elastogenesis: A Comparison of Aortic and Lung Cells. Am. J. Physiol. 263 (Lung Cell. Mol. Physiolo. 7): L276-L282, 1992. Hospelhorn, A.C., Martin, B.M. and Franzblau, C. Type IV Collagen Synthesis and Accumulation in Neonatal Rat Aortic Smooth Muscle Cell Cultures, Matrix 12: 352-361, 1992.
- Martin, B.M. Safety in the Tissue Culture Laboratory, Encyclopedia of Life Sciences, Macmillan Reference Limited, London UK (current address: [email protected]), online March, 2001.
- Martin, B.M. Cell Cloning and Plating Efficiency, Encyclopedia of Life Sciences, Macmillan Reference Limited, London UK (current address: [email protected]), online April, 2001.
- Cole, A.A., Matthews, H.R. and Martin, B.M. Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, and Biology of Tissues. In USMLE Step 1 Review, J.S. Goldberg, ed. Sage Publications, Inc., Thousand Oaks, CA, pp 65-119, 1996.
- Martin, B.M., Tissue Culture Techniques: An Introduction. Birkhauser, Boston, 1994.
- Martin, B.M., Tissue Culture Techniques: An Introduction, 2nd Edition, Springer-Verlag, New York, in preparation.