Kaylin O'Dell, PhD
Assistant Professor, EnglishSend a Message
- PhD, Cornell University
- MA, Cornell University
- BA, Vassar College
- Old and Middle English Literature
- Early Modern Literature
- Digital Humanities
- Drama and Performance Studies
- Medieval French Literature
Works in Progress
- Theater of the Mind: Dramatic Interiority in the Middle Ages (Book manuscript).
- “Modern Marginalia: Digital Annotation in the Classroom (Article and software development in progress).
- “’A Council of Wise Men’: Christine de Pizan and the (Inter)National Politics of Warfare” (Article in Progress).
- “Dramatizing Devotion in the Old English Vercelli Homily IV,” Journal of English and Germanic Philology, Vol. 117, No. 1 (2018).
- “Performance and Interiority in Old English Devotional Literature.” Concepts and Practices of Performance II. 54th International Congress on Medieval Studies, May 2019.
- “’A Council of Wise Men’: Christine de Pizan and the (Inter)National Politics of Warfare.” Medieval Academy of America, March 2019.
- “Picturing the Whale: Emoji Dick and the Limits of Digital Adaptation.” 52nd International Congress on Medieval Studies, May 2017.
- “Receiving Augustine: The Old English Soliloquies as Spiritual Exercise.” International Society of Anglo-Saxonists Eighteenth Biennial Meeting, July 2017.
- “Mind Games: Performing Virtue and Vice in the Old English Psychomachia.” Medieval Academy of America, April 2017.
- “Be his Agnum Ingeþance: Dialogue and Devotional Scripting in King Alfred’s Translations.” 51st International Congress on Medieval Studies, May 2016.