Professor Emeritus of AccountingSend a Message
About Dr. Mawdudur Rahman
Prof. Rahman primarily taught in the areas of introductory financial accounting and cost accounting. His research was wide ranging and in more recent years was on global accounting information systems and online pedagogy. Prof. Rahman was the initial Director of Suffolk’s online MBA program. He was also a founding member of Knowledge Globalization Conference and its related journal. His service to the university is extensive – serving as Department chair, and as a member of Promotion, Tenure and Review Committee, Graduate Programs Committee, Teaching Committee, AACSB accreditation Task Force, Faculty advisor to Suffolk Muslim Students Association. He is a two-time recipient of the Sawyer Business School’s Dean’s Award for Service. His external service includes a MOOC delivery of an MBA program to Bangladesh, and founding a non-profit “Support A Student Foundation, Inc.” which supports the education of poor students in Bangladesh. He service also extends to both the Islamic Society of Boston and Islamic Center of New England.
- Ph D, Manchester Business School, Manchester University, U.K.
- MBA, Graduate School Of Business, Indiana University
- MCom, Dhaka University
- BCom, Dhaka University
Awards & Honors
- 2014 - Distinguished Visiting Professor of Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- 2013 - Member of Editorial Board of Research Papers, Human Rights Conflict Prevention Centre
- 2012 - Editorial Board Member
- 2011 - Member , ISCHR and of Master and PHD Commission
- 1994 - Service Award