We are happy to welcome alumni back to the Sawyer Library!
- Alumni may check out unlimited books from our circulating collection (3rd and 4th floor).
- Alumni may consult reference books, paper periodicals, or microform periodicals while inside the library.
- Sawyer Library reserves the right to terminate service to any user — alumni or other — for reasons including but not limited to returning damaged library materials, and failure to return library materials.
Alumni ID Cards
- Bring your old Suffolk ID card - or ID number - to the security desk at 8 Ashburton Place. Your new ID card will be printed at the security desk.
- If you have forgotten your ID number, email email@example.com with your name, degree, and year of graduation.
- Bring your new Alumni ID card to Sawyer Library's Circulation Desk. Ask Circ staff to update your library record so that you may check out books with your new Alumni ID card.
- Your new Alumni ID card is only for circulating books. You may not borrow reserve materials, student laptops, or periodicals with an Alumni ID.
Alumni Access to Library Databases
Alumni may use the Sawyer Library databases within the Library. Laptops and print cards are available for check out at the circulation desk. To use these items, alumni must have an alumni card issued from the Sawyer Building security booth. Alumni have no off-campus access to databases.
Your local public library may be more helpful in regards to electronic resources.
For alumni still living in the state, please consult Massachusetts Libraries online to find a public library near you.
Sawyer Library does not offer interlibrary loan (ILL) services or document delivery services to Alumni.
Please make your interlibrary loan requests at your local public library.
Phone: (617) 573-8535
Phone: (617) 573-8532