The CTSE also supports the professional development of faculty as scholars. We offer programming and services to the College of Arts & Sciences, Law School, and Sawyer Business School and through departmental programs or university initiatives.
The CTSE promotes evidence-based, student-centered teaching strategies that support learning for all Suffolk University students by:
- Promoting learning experiences that are outcomes-based, active, collaborative and rigorous
- Encouraging the creation of inclusive learning environments that leverage the varied experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives of students
- Identifying and sharing ever-evolving research that supports student learning and helps students become independent, reflective learners
We offer programs to all Suffolk University faculty that:
- Foster cross-disciplinary pedagogical conversations and research activities
- Provide opportunities for faculty to develop and improve upon course design, instructional and assessment skills through workshops and individual consultations
- Encourage the dissemination and sharing of effective teaching and scholarly practices among individuals, academic departments, schools, and the higher education community
Affiliations & Memberships
We are proudly affiliated with the following organizations:
- The New England Faculty Development Consortium
- The Professional and Organizational Development Network in Higher Education
- The New England Educational Assessment Network
Join the Online Learning Consortium
The Online Learning Consortium (OLC) is an industry leader in advancing digital teaching and learning experiences. The organization provides a multitude of programs and resources for enhancing online courses. Suffolk is a proud member of the Consortium, and faculty can utilize their resources by registering with your Suffolk email. We strongly encourage you to take advantage of their many publications, workshops, and online communities.