Master of Science in Accounting (MSA) Online
Study with Suffolk and you’ll get the hands-on experience you need to understand the evolving regulatory, financial, and strategic challenges accountants currently face. You’ll also learn the spectrum of skills that today’s accountants need to stand out in the job market.
Whether you’re a recent graduate, you’re looking to make a career change, or you want to take your skill set to the next level, Suffolk’s online MSA is incredibly flexible, making it easy to fit it into your busy schedule so you can make the most of the experience.
- 11-17 courses
- 7 weeks per course
- 3 concentrations that can augment your skill set
And earn your degree in as few as 20 months!
Stand Out in the Job Market
Our online program provides a well-rounded education that equips you with skills for professional distinction well beyond the CPA and CMA exams:
- Advanced accounting concepts: Broaden your thinking of advanced accounting concepts to implement forward-looking approaches, practices, policies, and technologies
- Informed, ethical decision-making: Build the ethical foundation and analytical mindset required to serve effectively as a financial leader in a challenging global economy
- International perspectives: Examine accounting and business practices through a global lens to gain an international perspective and recognize far-reaching implications
- Connective communication: Research and relay topics with clarity and accuracy in writing and speaking, as well as through visual communications
- Robust preparation: Take courses that integrate Becker's CPA Exam Review Course, giving you supplemental material to help you ace your classes while also preparing you for success on the CPA exam
State-by-State CPA Exam Eligibility Requirements
See information about the educational requirements necessary for CPA exam eligibility for all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
Applying to Suffolk's MSA Program
Fall Semester: July 15 (International Applicants), August 15 (Domestic Applicants), then rolling
Spring Semester: December 1 (International Applicants), January 4 (Domestic Applicants), then rolling
Learn about the advantages of priority applications.
- Completed application
- $50 application fee (waived for students who visit campus)
- Unofficial transcripts of all post-secondary work. Admitted students enrolling in the program will need to have official transcripts, including proof of degree conferral, on file prior to their first class
- Goal statement (essay)
- Letter of recommendation (Learn more)
- The GMAT/GRE is not required for the MSA but may be required for the MSA/MSF dual-degree program
- Official TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE-Academic scores (international students only)
Cost of Graduate Study at Suffolk (2021-2022)
|Program||Per Credit Rate|
|All Online Master Programs||$1,231|
Applying to Suffolk's MSA Program
Financial Aid for Graduate Study
Suffolk offers a variety of options to help finance your graduate education. Opportunities for assistance range from federal educational loans to alumni scholarships, and award programs available through partner organizations. You are encouraged to connect with the Office of Student Financial Services to help you estimate the cost of your education, determine your eligibility for aid, and find the best way to finance your education.
Student Services & Resources
As a Suffolk student, you will have complete access to our Center for Learning and Academic Success (CLAS) and Career Development Center (CDC), which offer extensive learning resources and robust support for career development.
Concentrations Mean Advanced Credentials
Position yourself for career advancement in one of three concentration areas.
Understand what motivates fraudulent behavior, as well as the methods of prevention, detection, investigation, and prosecution of financial fraud.
Develop a strong foundation of knowledge in data management and business intelligence, as well as up-to-date practical tools and technology to solve business problems through our accredited online accounting degree.
Corporate Finance and Accounting
Leverage a firm grasp of finance and accounting to set the course for corporate operations with an understanding of a wide range of topics, such as financial analysis and forecasting, capital structure, capital budgeting, and corporate valuation.
Faculty Who Teach What You Need to Succeed
You’ll learn from accomplished scholars and industry leaders and study how to master coveted concepts and technologies. More than 90 percent of our full-time faculty members have PhDs or terminal degrees, and many are active professionals employed by the IRS and respected firms such as Deloitte, Ernst & Young, and Pricewaterhouse Coopers.
A Nationally Recognized Program
Suffolk’s online MSA program is accredited by AACSB International, the leading agency that oversees the standardization of collegiate schools of business and accounting nationwide.
In addition, it has received Level-1 status from the Massachusetts Board of Public Accountancy, and is 1 of only 182 institutions worldwide to have an international supplemental accreditation from AACSB International.
Courses & Requirements
Take a closer look at our online MSA curriculum and see how robust it really is.