Graduate Certificate in Public & Nonprofit Management & Leadership
The Suffolk Graduate Certificate in Public & Nonprofit Management & Leadership (GCPNML) will provide you with fundamental grounding in the structure, functions, and process of public service organizations at various levels, including governments and nonprofit organizations. In this nine-credit program, you will explore the unique aspects of human resource management, organizational change, and leadership in public and nonprofit contexts.
This hybrid on campus/online program can be completed in as little as one semester. You can continue to build on your management knowledge by stacking the GCPNML with our Graduate Certificates in Nonprofit Management, State & Local Government, and Public & Nonprofit Performance Management. If you apply to the Master of Public Administration program within a year of completing this certificate, and had a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA, you won’t need to take the GRE or GMAT to enroll in the master's program.
Admission & Costs
- Fall Semester: July 15 (International Applicants), August 15 (Domestic Applicants), then rolling
- Spring Semester: December 1 (International Applicants), January 4 (Domestic Applicants), then rolling
Learn about the advantages of priority applications.
- Completed application
- $50 application fee (waived for students who visit campus)
- Unofficial transcripts of all post-secondary work. Admitted students enrolling in the program will need to have official transcripts, including proof of degree conferral, on file prior to their first class
- Goal statement (essay)
- Letters of recommendation (learn more)
- Official TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE-Academic scores (international students only)
Graduate Certificate in Public & Nonprofit Management & Leadership (2022-2023)
Per credit, on campus: $1,262
Per credit, online: $1,243
Financial Assistance Information
Federal student loan aid is available for this program--see Federal Student Aid for details and use Suffolk's code: 002218. Suffolk University also offers several options to help you finance your graduate studies. Learn about the discounts that may be available to you.
Visit Student Financial Services to view graduate loan and financing options.