Accelerated MST for Attorneys
FULL-TIME | PART-TIME
The Suffolk Accelerated MST for Attorneys will broaden your employment options, as your skill set will be expanded to meet the needs of employers across a wide range of industries. You'll develop the crucial skills needed in today’s global environment of vastly diverse and highly complicated tax structures and whether you want to work at a public accounting firm, in corporate tax departments of large companies, in trust departments of bank and financial services firms, or small tax advisory practices, the MST is a lucrative complement to your JD.
The Suffolk MST is a great addition to your resume if you plan to work for a CPA firm, as it differentiates you from attorneys who have only a JD.
While earning your Accelerated MST for Attorneys at Suffolk, you’ll:
- Gain a strong foundation in accounting principles and an understanding of tax law and tax compliance
- Study from a curriculum that is aligned with professional practice, heavily based in experiential learning, and shaped by the cutting-edge industry trends identified by our Young Alumni Advisory Board
- Develop the research skills needed for effective tax planning in today's global environment of vastly diverse and highly complicated tax structures, how to use technology to analyze data, and the ability to think critically to ascertain whether a transaction triggers a taxable event
- Have the option to specialize in corporate taxation or follow our General MST track where you can customize your electives to prepare you for the CPA exam and your unique career goals
- Learn from a mix of practitioners and accomplished scholars, including CPAs and attorneys who practice in the public, corporate, and government sectors
Suffolk’s MST is designed for those who have a background in accounting as well as those who don't. Whether you’re a working professional or a full-time student, our class schedule is designed to meet your needs. With our flexible fall, spring, and summer course offerings, you can take two classes back-to-back in one evening. Some courses are also available online, in a hybrid format, in an accelerated format or through distance learning.
Suffolk's Accelerated MST for Attorneys
Cost of Graduate School
Full-time, per year
Cost Per Credit (2020-2021)
For part-time students
Fall Semester: April 15 (priority), then rolling
Spring Semester: October 15 (priority), then rolling
Learn about the advantages of priority applications.
- Completed online application
- $50 application fee (waived for students who visit campus)
- Official transcripts for all post-secondary education
- Goal statement (essay)
- Letter of recommendation (Learn more)
- Official TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE-Academic scores (international students only)
Courses & Requirements
Learn more about the classes, requirements, and different options available to complete the program.